Prologue

"I always thought that my life would be simple. Having close friends and a loving family. Falling in love with that one special person and growing old with them, having as many kids as I want, and raising them in a beautiful home. However, my life was forever changed when I met him, it wasn't a blessing...but a curse."

Luna's POV:

(Present Time)

Waking up, I began to rub my eyes to adjust to the lighting coming through the curtains. It felt very strange waking up in the morning without the feeling of Elijah's arms being wrapped around my waist like he usually would. I've grown accustomed to his hands always touching my body...I felt a sense of comfort.

Getting up, I felt the cold air pressing up against my skin, sending chills down my spine and making my nipples instantly harden. Looking down, I realized that I was completely naked! So I quickly grab hold of the bedsheets and wrap them around my body! Instantly looking around, I made sure that one saw me, though I had forgotten that I was utterly alone in this room. Letting out a sigh, I walked towards the window while pulling back the curtains to let in some light. As I looked up at the sky, the image of white flakes could be seen falling from the thick gray clouds above, it was snowing! Is it already winter?

"My favorite season..." I told myself...

Walking to my closet, I grabbed some warm clothes. The eagerness inside me of wanting to go outside was exciting! For some reason, snow always seems to put my mind at ease, and calming. Heading towards the restroom, I closed the door behind me. Dropping the bedsheets to the floor, I stepped inside the tub and turned the faucet on, letting the warm water touch my skin I closed my eyes and started to remember the past. The day I met him, the day we kissed..he's changed so much now. Taking me into his world, and pulling me away from those I cared for. I miss everyone...

"Mom, Dad, Alexa...Ren."

As I cried, I couldn't tell the difference between my tears to the water hitting my face. It was nothing but painful and blessed memories that I was reliving...

Once I was able to compose myself, I finished cleaning myself off and stepped out of the shower. Making my way toward the mirror, I wiped the fogged-up glass and looked at the person I am now. Tainted, at the sight of kiss marks that were left around my neck and breasts, as well as his handprints around my waist and arms. I've grown so used to him marking up this body of mine, having him be so forceful whenever he held me. I've changed so much...and I hate it.

As I started to pull my long sleeve over my body to cover up the many hickeys. I was surprised to see Elijah's eyes looking at mine once I looked back at the mirror! When did he come in!? I didn't even hear him. Seeing him make his way towards me, he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist!

"Did you sleep well?"

He asked while placing a kiss on my temple, nodding at his question I turned myself around to meet his gaze.

"How long were you standing by the door?" I questioned him...

"Long enough to see everything of this body of yours," He replied as he nuzzled up against my neck, breathing down my collarbone!

"Why are you covering the marks I gave you?"

He asked in annoyance...

"I just don't want the others to see them, it's embarrassing and just doesn't feel right..."

I responded while avoiding making eye contact, looking down at my bare feet I could feel my face growing warm as my nerves were getting the best of me by how tight Eli was starting to hold me.