Present Time

Luna's POV:

*Flashback Dream 13 Years Ago, Caught Up To The Prologue *

"Mommy?! Daddy?! Where are you?!"

That's right, I remember now...why I hate being so alone, why I fear the dark so much. I was only a child back then...

"Dad!?"

I shouted out for my parents as I got lost near the lake, all I could do was cry and hope someone would find me. But how will someone see me when I'm so small, and what was worse was that nighttime was quickly approaching! I shouldn't have run off on my own so carelessly, but I wanted to play in the sand and make some sandcastles. But now, all I could do was keep walking, hoping that someone could hear me. My little feet were beginning to get tired, but I can't stop, I had to keep going forward. Or else I don't know what might happen to me...

My sobs grew louder and my fear began to grow. The splashing of waves hitting against each other mixed with my cries, it was going to be difficult for anybody to hear me at this point. That was until I looked straight ahead to see a tree that I was approaching. The wind was starting to become cold as I watched the sun finally disappear and the moon slowly rise. I couldn't stop my tears from falling as I was completely alone in the dark and unaware of my surroundings, I could feel my little heart beating at such an alarming rate that I felt like falling to the ground and sobbing in a panic. I'm afraid, what if my parents don't care to look for me, what if I never see them again? What if I never get to play with Eli again-

"Can you stop crying already, it's getting annoying. It's not gonna help solve your problems little one..."

"Huh? Who said that?!"

I cried out in fear hearing an older guy's voice coming from the same direction as where the tree was. Standing completely still, I was scared of who it could be! Was it a ghost?! I wasn't a hundred percent sure who was talking to me, but my mommy said to stay away from strangers! So that's what I intend on doing, however...what if I stay lost forever and this is the only chance of getting help?

"Me? I'm no one...just a monster..."

The man responded heavily as I could paint out his body frame leaning against the tree. I was cautious as I carefully made my way toward him. My life is already in danger of being lost so what else can I do?

"A monster? You don't look like a monster..."

I responded truthfully as I got closer, though I couldn't help but sniffle as I tried to hold back my tears as I spoke. Rubbing my eyes, I looked at the man just sitting there as the wind began to pick up...

"You humans are so easily fooled."

He said in amusement...

"What are you talking about mister? And why are you here?"

I stuttered underneath the chilling winds...

"It's nothing child, and I could ask you the same thing. What is a little girl like yourself doing all alone here at night?"

"I...I..."

Before I could even answer him, I felt my tears starting to fill up again once he asked me a question. I didn't want to be reminded that I was still lost!

"Don't start crying again, it's aggravating!"

"But I can't stop though...I just want to go home and see my mom and dad!"