Guilt

Luna's POV:

"Whenever you want me to, Luna," Danny said with amusement in his voice, I could already see the image of his stupid face smirking.

"Just pick me up two hours from now, I'll text you the address later," I said to him with an annoyed sigh.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight then."

He said shortly after before hanging up, holding the phone against my ear still...I couldn't believe that I was gonna go through with this. I could feel my hands shaking a bit with fright and worriedness about my decision. There's no going back though, I have to do this. I need to know what happened, I have so many questions that have to be answered...

"Elijah, please...come back to me. I miss you...so much."

I said to myself as I placed the phone down on my bed, holding on to my stomach the fear of being pregnant began to overcome me with fear as I slowly began to cry. Is it so wrong of me, to hope that I am pregnant, even a little? I know I'm not in the right state of mind to have a child, I know I'm far too young...but this is the only attachment I have left of Eli if I am with a child.

"Luna! Dinner is ready!"

I heard my mother calling out from the kitchen, quickly wiping away my tears. I approached the mirror in my room to make sure my makeup wasn't ruined. But as I looked at myself in the reflection...I saw a girl who I couldn't recognize. Who is this fragile person that looks so easy to break, is it me?

Gently placing my fingers against the glass, I tried to look deeper inside. Trying to find any kind of strength I had left in me, to stop myself from going insane. I'm afraid of being alone, I'm scared of never being able to see Eli again. It terrifies me...how pathetic of me.

"I don't want to break...I wanna be strong. Not just for myself...but for the people I love."

I quietly spoke before leaving the room, making my way to the kitchen. I saw that my mother had already eaten her dinner...

"Where's Dad? Is he not gonna eat?"

I asked while taking a seat and beginning to eat my food...

"He already ate earlier, and what time are you going to Alexa's house?"

"About two hours from now," I replied as I tried to finish my food quickly.

"Oh, okay then. Do you need me to take you to her house?"

Mother kindly offered in a tender smile, though it pierced my heart with heavy guilt.

"No thanks...I'ma get picked up instead," I responded as I tried to avoid her stare.

"Well that's good, It gives me more time to take care of your father."

She said with a little laughter in her voice, however, I could see the tiredness in my mother's eyes. I know she's been stressed and tired lately, she's been so busy taking care of me and now she's having to take care of my dad. She doesn't have any time for herself these days, I need to repay them somehow? They've done so much for me...

"Well, I hope you have a fun time over there. Tell Alexa I said hi and make sure you girls behave."

Mother said in a stern response before getting up from the table...

"Okay...I'll behave," I answered with a bittersweet smile as I looked down at my ring.

***

After I was done eating dinner, I took the time to dress in something simple before texting Danny my address. I want to look as plain as possible, the less attention the better. Especially since I'm having Danny picking me up in a few minutes, I don't want him to do anything weird. I'll make sure I have my guard up tonight, no matter what! Soon the ringing of my phone suddenly went off! Excepting it to be Danny, I didn't bother to look at the caller ID as I answered.