New Chance

Luna's POV:

It didn't take long before Ren dropped me off at my house, though he asked if he could wait here until I came back from my Father's check-up. I didn't ask why, but I could only assume he wanted to know about my dad's test results. My head was already filled with worry and stress, I don't think I could handle any more problems happening in my life. It wasn't until I went with my parents to the hospital, that my mother and I waited for what seemed like hours in the waiting room. Just how long are these tests, is Dad doing okay? I'm sure my mother is very worried and feeling anxious just as I was...I pray and hope, that everything will be okay. And we could all go back home soon...

"Mom."

Calling out to her, I stared up at the clock to see that we'd been here for over three hours already...

"Yes, what is it?"

My mother responded in exhaustion while resting her head back...

"Will dad...be okay?"

I asked while grabbing onto her hand, my nerves were starting to get to me, and all this waiting was driving me insane!

"I hope so, but whatever happens...will get through this together, as a family."

She explained with a weak smile, I could tell she was trying so hard to stay strong in front of me. But I knew that deep down she was scared just like I was. After waiting another long hour, I saw that my father and his doctor finally stepped out of the room, but the look on their serious expressions scared me. My anxiety levels were through the roof and quickly rushing towards them, my mother grabbed onto my father's hand as we all waited for what the doctor had to say. Nothing could prepare me for what was to come...I just wish that it was all just a terrible nightmare.

The dread of heading back home was very surreal, it was difficult for me not to break down in front of my parents. My dad didn't say a single word the whole drive back, even when we got home...he couldn't look at me or Mom. It breaks my heart having to deal with this at such a young age, I just wish my father didn't have to go through with this at all! My mother didn't have the strength to do much once we got home, she tried talking to my dad but he just wanted to be left alone. I can't say I don't blame him, I'm sure he has a lot going through his mind...

"Hey...mom, have you...heard anything from Miss. Reed?"

I asked in an awkward tone while taking a seat on the living room couch. I know it was a random subject to bring up, but I just wanted to get her mind off of things...

"Oh! Sweetie, I'm so sorry, but I forgot to tell you. She...moved a few weeks ago. I'm so sorry, I've been so stressed lately with everything that I completely forgot to mention it. I last spoke to her a few days ago on the phone. She's seeing a therapist at the moment with what happened with Elijah-"

Mother quickly stopped herself from speaking as she gave me a sympathetic stare. It's been months since my parents brought up Elijah, I guess they didn't want to bring back any painful memories. But it is a bit of a shock to hear that Miss. Reed left this town...

"It's okay, you don't have to worry anymore about me. I have to accept the fact that Eli is probably...gone. But why did Miss. Reed leave?"

I asked, it must've been hard to make such a big decision to move out of town. This was my mom's best friend, so I'm sure she's a bit upset with Miss. Reed leaving...

"She just couldn't handle what happened, so she chose to leave and start a new life. But it's been very hard for her to move on, so she needs a little bit of help."

Mother responded while gripping my hand so suddenly...

"I understand, it's been hard for me too. Not a day goes by when I don't miss him, I wake up every morning thinking that maybe he'll come back. I sometimes even check my phone to see if I might have gotten a text or call from him...but I have to accept the reality just like Miss. Reed did." I said as I began to tear up...