Shy Away

Luna's POV:

Halfway through my classes, I made my way to my locker and began putting my books away. With the voices of many students chatting down the halls and the squeaking of their shoes hitting the floor...I found it somewhat soothing to the ear. Failing to hear Alexa calling out my name, it was only when I shut my locker and turned myself around that I was able to see her walking towards me!

"Girl, are you hearing right? I've been calling out to you like a hundred times."

She expressed with exaggeration.

"What?! You did? I'm sorry about that, the hallways get pretty loud during lunch break."

I explained with an apologetic smile...

"That's alright, though this is when I wish I had my stupid phone so I could text you! Do you have any idea how hard it was to find you over the sea of people!? Let me tell you, it's not fun. Anyways, do you wanna get lunch together?"

She asked as she linked her arm with mine...

Answering her question with a simple nod, we made our way toward the cafeteria. However, I couldn't help but wonder how Eli was doing. Is he still upset with me about the whole avoiding his kiss fiasco?

"Oh, before I forget. Can I borrow your phone real quick, I need to text my boyfriend. Have to let him know when to pick me up tonight for the party."

She said with an excited smile...

"Alright fine, here. And what party are you going to?"

I asked curiously as I handed her my phone...

"Oh! You should come! I know that parties aren't really your thing but you should let loose once in a while...unless Eli has already gotten you loose...if you know what I mean."

She voiced out in a flirtatious smirk while giving me a light shrug.

"Oh, my God! Alexa shut up! People will hear you!"

I quickly scolded her while clamping her mouth shut. She then shifted my hands away from her face and released a shocking gasp...

"Hold on a minute...don't tell me, you and Eli still haven't-"

Before I could even let her finish her sentence I quickly cut this conversation short!

"No, we haven't! I'm....I'm still a virgin," I whispered against her ear so no one else could hear...

"No way? I was for sure you guys would have done it already, you both have known each other for years now. So I would have thought you guys have already sealed the deal, well no matter, it will come naturally to you both."

She explained as I watched her text her boyfriend...

"Really? How will we both know it's the right time?"

I asked curiously...

"Sorry, I can't tell you. That's something you and Eli have to find out on your own, and speaking of Eli...you have a message from him."

She said in a giggling manner as she handed me back my phone. Reading the message he had sent, I instantly smiled! He wants to meet up so we can eat lunch together, I guess I can cross off him being upset with me. But...I already agreed to have lunch with Alexa. I can't just ditch her-

"Come on, don't keep your boyfriend waiting."

She teased, I guess she noticed my sudden mood change. But...

"Are you sure? I don't want you eating alone-"

"Alone? Honey, I have many friends all over the school, so don't worry about me. Now shoo...I'm trying to get food already."