Caged In

Luna's POV:

*One month later*

How long have I seen these same walls, just how many days have I stayed trapped in this room? It's as if I'm a flower, caged inside a glass unable to bloom and breathe freely. Why am I still here, what's the point in keeping me locked away? As I lay in my bed, the only thing that's been keeping me sane was the window that would let me see the outside world. But whenever I would replay the words Elijah had told me, I find myself having a mental breakdown. It's still too much for me to bear, but the only things that were keeping me strong were my family and the people I loved...

"Ren, I hope you're okay..."

I quietly said while gripping the bedsheets, with every minute that passes my nerves just grow anxious. That is until I hear the doorknob being unlocked! Quickly getting off the bed, I stood in the very corner of the room. My heart always seems to go through a panic attack when this happens! I'm always paranoid and afraid that it's probably him. Ever since I found out that he was the King of this world, it's only made me more frightened. But I've grown to loathe and despise him for what he has done...

"Good evening, my lady," Carla spoke out as she entered the room.

The built-up anxiety within me was slowly going away when I realized that it was just Carla, I've grown a bit used to her presence since she would always come and bring me food every day. She would also draw my bath and hand me a new set of clothes... even if they are just underwear. At least I'm not completely naked, I just wish she would talk to me more other than just saying her greetings and her goodbyes. I need to talk to someone...anyone, enough for me to stay sane. I don't want my sorrows to consume me entirely...

"Carla, please...I can't stay in this room any longer. It's complete torture here, being locked for so long. I need to go home, I'm sure my family is worried sick! I have to leave, please... I beg you, let me leave."

I pleaded in desperation...

"You will no longer be in this room," Carla responded as she handed me a black robe.

Hearing her words, was like having my prayers be answered! Quickly grabbing the robe, I wrapped it around my body in relief. I'm so happy I no longer have to stay within these four walls. But if I'm not gonna stay here anymore, where is Carla taking me then? Am I finally going home, will I be able to see Ren now?

"Before I escort you through the castle, the King has ordered me to have you put these on," she said as she placed a pair of black high heels next to my feet.

The shoes weren't the issue I was having in wearing, it was the metal chain that was attached to them that made me shocked! What the fuck is this shit?! Does he think I'm some kind of slave?!

"I'm not wearing these stupid things!"

I voiced out in anger as I kicked the heels away from me! I will not degrade myself in putting these chains on, Eli has lost his fucking mind if he thinks he has control over me!

"Behave little one, that's no way for a young lady to act..."

Hearing an unfamiliar voice, my eyes then locked gazed with a man leaning by the door as I turned myself around! He had short white hair and his eyes were as red as the petals of red roses. His skin looked smooth to the touch and he was very tall!

"Who...are you?"

I hesitantly asked as I got behind Carla in fright, I knew Carla wasn't human either but she's been the only one who's treated me nice so far. Though I'm still surprised that the finger she bit off was now attached to her hand again. Regardless of her actions, she is the only one I can trust right now. And after seeing what Eli can become, I have to keep my guard up with anyone I come across!