Comfort

Luna's POV:

"Have you gone crazy?! How can you even ask me to do such a thing!? You know that I could never do that, Elijah!"

I cried out in disbelief while gripping his chest!

My hands were trembling as I kept shaking Eli's body back and forth in agonizing sorrow! He's completely gone mad and I'm afraid of what he might do...

"I rather have you kill me...than have you ever hate me. Luna, you're everything to me, the only thing that's making me breathe right now. Ever since we were children, your kindness and tenderness pulled me out of this darkness that was swallowing my heart. And when I look back at those memories of us, I think I always loved you even when we were kids. So that's why I could only ask you...to kill me. My life is yours to take..."

He said in a broken whisper, he then carefully took one of my trembling hands and placed it against his chest. I instantly panicked once I felt his heartbeat, it was barely beating almost as if it could stop at any minute! So without even thinking, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in a tight embrace. Is Eli really in this much pain, that even his heart is being affected? If so, it terrifies me...

"Then...tell me why? Why did you kiss that girl? Why did you lie to me...you said you weren't going to that party, but you did..."

I said to him as I squeezed my arms around his neck even more. Trying my best to stop my tears from falling, I took in a heavy sigh as I felt Elijah snuggling himself between my breasts to comfort me...Hearing him inhale deeply, he released an unsettling sigh. Watching his shoulders drop down, he loosened his embrace a bit before finally facing me...

"Please, let me explain what happened last night, everything was just a total misunderstanding...I need you to believe me."

He responded in desperation while gazing into my eyes. But his intense stare only made me shift my sights away from him...

"Luna, why won't you look at me?"

He asked worriedly, placing one of his big hands on my cheek, he gently caressed it as he pulled in closer to me...

"I can't...look at you, because all I see is a cheater... and I'm just getting tired of crying because of you..."

"I understand..."

Elijah replied calmly, he then pulled us towards the mattress as we both lay against it. His embrace was strong, yet his voice trembled so weakly...I've never seen this side of him before.

"Luna, I won't let you go until you let me finish what I have to say..."

He whispered into my ear as he closed any gap between us, feeling the warmth radiating from his body made me feel somewhat at ease. I'm not sure why that is, is it because I missed him comforting me? Moving my body closer to his, I let him know that I was ready to listen to whatever he had to say...

Hours began to pass, as I listened to every detail Eli had to tell me. Everything seemed to make sense with how he was explaining it, however, we kept bickering back and forth as I tried to explain my situation of how I ended up being at the party...

I was starting to get frustrated by his stubborn attitude. I didn't even wanna bring up the whole Ren confessing his feelings for me, that was only going to bring more problems. So it's best If I leave that part out, that way Elijah doesn't actually kill him. Though I know he would never do such a thing, right? I mean, yeah what I saw him do to Ren last night was awful and scary, but he wouldn't take someone's life...

"Hey, Eli...would you ever kill anyone?"

I don't know what made my subconscious mind ask that but for some reason...I just wanted to know what his answer would be. Of course, I'm expecting him to say no, but I would just like to be reassured...