Chapter 12

Barrier

-

Nathalia's POV

It was noon and we were just waiting for Tita Gwen and Tito Axierey to finish cooking. They volunteered to cook, so Adrian and I didn't do anything.

Adrian and I are now in the living room. Of course Naphtali was with us. We were watching television.

"Let's go to my room?" all of a sudden Adrian invited me. He was sitting next to me here on the couch.

'Lah!'

"H-ha? Why?" I asked incredulously. I don't know why i'm thinking something green.

"I want to show you my room, you haven't seen it yet right? Why are you nervous there? What were you thinking?" his left eyebrow rose higher.

"W-wala."

'Ang harot kasi mag-isip.'

"Kung ano-ano iniisip mo."

"I've already seen that."

"It's just outside. I mean it's my room but not in the room itself. You only saw where my book shelves were, not my bedroom." paliwanag niya sa akin.

When he said that, the scene where he caught me entering their house suddenly entered my mind, and because of that I became curious about him so I found out his whole personality. I can clearly remember everything why I became part of his life.

"But how about Nephtali? We will leave her here alone?" I said while pointing Nepthali who's busy watching anime on the television.

He glanced at Nephtali before calling her sister's attention.

"Nephtali?" he called her name. Lumingon naman sa kanya si Nephtali.

"Ano po 'yun, Kuya?" she politely asked.

"I'll just show my room to, Ate Nathalia. Can we leave you alone here?"

"It's okay to me, Kuya. Magbe-behave naman po ako. I'll just watch here." she agreed while nodding her head repeatedly. 'She's very cute!'

"Okay. Thank you. We'll go." he stood up and so do I.

Nagsimula na kaming maglakad ni Adrian papunta sa hagdan ng biglang tawagin ni Nephtali ang kuya Adrian niya kaya kaming dalawa ay lumingon.

"What were you doing there po ba?" she curiously asked. "Magbe-behave rin po kayo?" Then suddenly I choked with my own saliva with unknown reason, I can also feel my cheeks reddened.

'Lah! Why am I blushing?'

Natawa naman nang mahina si Adrian.

"I'll just show her my room, and sure we'll be behave, Nephtali." Adrian just answered then we continued walking to get to his room.

After a while, we reached his room. He opened the door, at bumungad sa akin ang pamilyar na kuwartong ito na kung saan nakapwesto ang mga book shelves. Nakita ko pa ang book shelf na muntik nang dumagan sa akin noon. The paint of the whole room was still black and there was still the black door next to the couch.

"Come on." he pulled me close to the door. We passed in the middle and I thought it would sink like when I went here before. But it didn't.

'Bakit di kami lumubog doon sa gitna?'