Step Five: Hunt An Alien, Or Be Hunted

Start from the beginning

Anyway, crash landing wasn't fun. I was going to send out a help signal, but then I ran into Tyler during the storm. How could I go after seeing such a handsome him?

I approached my front door and froze, there was a strange smell in the air, something metallic. I dived on my stomach and rolled under a bench as the footpath exploded in flames beneath me.

They found me.

I rolled out from under the bench on the other side and then ran straight for the fence. I leaped over it and rushed as fast as this human form would let me down the side of the house into the back yard. If they were coming for me, I couldn't fight them as a human. I grabbed the stud in my right ear and pressed it tighter together. It beeped as the stud changed from blue to red and a shudder ran through me. I caught my reflection in the back door of the house. I was back to normal again.

I leaped up onto the roof in one bound and crawled to the top point, glancing into the front yard. There was a ship shielded in the middle of the street. I could only see it because of my trained native Juperian eyes. I knew who they were... Martians.

Two big black creatures were stepping out of the ship, covered in armour and armed with laser canons. They had four huge clawed legs, long spiked tails, and long necks with dinosaur like heads. They were about the size of a mini bus each, and lethal. My people have been at war with them for nearly a millennium.

They're the reason I'm marooned on this planet, I needed a place to hide after being shot down. And now they've found me. It's going to take forever to shake them now that I'm grounded.

I pried my ears up and listened to them. Thankfully my mother had forced me to learn their native tongue back at school. I must remember to thank her.

“Evatch ip yotg vu jketkaru itspetch gju ka,” said the taller one of the two. Which roughly translated to, 'The parasite is around here somewhere.' My mind automatically translated their dialect.

“We can't let him escape,” answered the other.

“Where did he go?”

“I don't know!” Martians aren't the brightest creatures in the Universe. The only reason they have so much power is because of their War like nature. Mars is the planet of War, everyone knows it.

“I have an idea,” the first one said. I smirked.

“Careful big guy, don't want to hurt yourself,” I whispered to myself, suppressing a laugh.

“The human boy,” the Martian continued. I froze, he better not mean what I think he means.

“The earthling boy?” the other asked, then pulled out a Techno Screen and flicked through something. “Ah yes, Tyler Montgomery.”

Those b*stards are dead!

They turned and headed towards their ship as I leaped over the roof, pulling my weapon out of my back pocket and clicking it ready to go. But I was too slow and they flew up into the air and off.

It wouldn't take me too long to get to Tyler's house from here, now that I wasn't in human form, but I'd have to change to be in public, or I'd get found out. There was a reason I chose Australia over America, I'd stolen enough science-fiction movies to know that in America I'd be on a slab being dissected right now. Australia was my safest bet, the people here were relatively easy going.

~

I snuck around the back of Tyler's house just as the ship landed in the front lawn. I de-shadowed from human and climbed up the wall to Tyler's bedroom window. I'd have to wake him and take him somewhere safe before I could explain.