Chapter 12 Part 2 Well That Was Embarrassing

Start from the beginning

Just then the door opened, and Joseph walked in. “Garrett said you were getting naked in here. I wanted to know why I wasn’t invited.”

Terrant’s face contorted into a weird grimace which made Chris cough in an attempt to hold in a laugh. “I did a quick physical that is all.”

Joseph smirked, “and wished it was more physical huh? Huh?”. Terrant stood up walking into the closet.

“Uh... I am right here Joseph.” Chris said crossing her arms over her chest.

“It was a joke. Come on!”

Suddenly a ball of fabric flew out of the closet at Joseph’s face. Terrant calling after it, “So far the only person who has been close to being naked is you. Put a shirt on.”

Joseph started to pull on the shirt looking sufficiently cowled.

“So, what is wrong, Alpha?” Garrett said standing next to the door.

Chris turned toward Terrant who walked out of the closet. “I couldn’t find anything immediately wrong. Which makes me think this is an acute attack.”

“Attack of what?” Peter asked, apparently he slipped in with Joseph.

“An acute attack have symptoms that can start and stop quickly. Sometimes too quickly for anyone to figure out what caused it in the first place. So Chris I need you to go back to-” Terrant paused thinking, “last night. Right after you left the council meeting. What did you do?”

Chris pulled her legs around so she was sitting on the bed facing Terrant. “I had a quick meeting with Garrett and then got ready for bed. Slept for a few hours and woke up. I was at the gym for about half an hour before you got there, and... you know the rest.”

Terrants hand came up as he scratched his chin. “Nothing else happened? Any weird symptoms? Even the smallest detail could be a clue.”

Chris shook her head, her eyebrows coming together in concentration. “Oh wait! I did call Gia last night. About burning the blood contracts in the morning.”

“I don’t see how that could be anything.” Joseph sighed. “I guess we'll just have to have your Healer-”

“Wait!” Terrant interrupted staring at Chris. “Repeat that.”

Chris looked around at the other males before repeating. “I called Gia to make sure they started burning the contracts….. There is no point for them anymore.”

“When?” Terrant asked.

“When? What?” Chris felt thoroughly confused.

Terrants gaze was becoming very intense as he stared at Chris. “When did they start burning them?”

    “I uh… told them to start this morning.”

    “What time?”

    Chris looked at Garrett who shrugged before responding. “Uh normally the secretaries would handle it. So maybe around 7 or 7:30.”

    Terrant nodded and began pacing. He pointed at Garrett, “Could you confirm when the secretaries came in and when they started burning contracts?”

    Garrett nodded and pulled out his phone.

    “What are you thinking Terrant?” Joseph asked watching Terrant pace up and down the room.

    Terrant stopped and looked at Chris’s confused expression. “I’m sorry. I forget to explain myself sometimes. Uh… so blood contracts are upheld by the magical force within our blood.”

    Chris nodded encouraging him to continue.

    “Now normally the magic is secured by the contractor’s magic rather than the contractee. Chris you would be considered the contractor for all the blood pacts that you have made; because it is you that is setting the limits and it is the contractee that is agreeing to them.”

    Chris nodded and Joseph shook his head. “The point Terrant.”

    “The point is that normal blood pacts draw some energy but not a significant amount from the contractor. However, Chris is the contractor of a abnormal amount of blood pacts…. Thousands of blood pacts. Which could be the reason she has felt tired and stressed.”

    Garrett interjected. “They started burning contracts 30 minutes ago.”

    Terrant nodded. “That is about the time that we started sparring.”

    “So you’re saying that burning contracts did that to me?” Chris asked a little flabbergasted at Terrants presentation.

    “I am saying that-” Terrant paused shrugging his shoulders, “theoretically...because no one else has made as many blood contracts as you. Burning that many contracts broke the magical bond and gave you back the energy required to keep the contract in place. Energy that you haven’t had in a while…. So in theory… to many contracts burned at the same time will give you an energy rush; overloading your system and end up with you… potentially fainting.”

    Everyone was silent as Terrant finished his explanation. Joseph moved toward Terrant slapping him on the shoulder, "Wow! I would never have guessed that in a million years!"

    “Should I tell them to stop burning contracts?” Garrett asked looking between Chris and Terrant.

    “Yes.” Chris said, “Until we can figure out how many to burn without me ending up on the floor.”

“Actually. How many contracts did they burn this morning?” Terrant asked.

Garrett looked at Chris who nodded, giving Garrett permission to respond. "200.”

Terrant nodded. “I would suggest between 200 to 300 burned slowly throughout the day. Do not burn any at night unless you never want to sleep.”

Chris looked at Joseph whose eyebrows were raised in amazement. “Okay I guess we will try that.” She nodded at Garrett who pulled out his phone again to relay the message.

Chris stood up and held out her hand. “Thank you. That was quite impressive.”

Terrant took her hand and shook it while smiling. “You’re welcome.” His eyes glazed over as he received a message. “I am very sorry but I have to leave.”

Chris nodded. “Of course. I hope you have a safe trip back to your pack.”

“Thank you.” They broke contact and Terrant started for the door.

“What no love for me?!” Joseph called after him.

Immediately Terrant turned around and headed back to where Chris and Joseph where standing.

Joseph smiled “See he can’t leave without saying-”

Terrant walked straight up to Chris. “Chris, would you have lunch with me tomorrow?”

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however, if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-

Edited by munbunny and ChelsieNielson