Chapter 12 Part 2 Well That Was Embarrassing

Start from the beginning

A loud buzzing sounded on the bedside table. Joseph rolled his eyes and picked it up answering immediately, “Yes?” He glanced down at Chris. “She is right here. No you can’t talk to her now.” He began walking away from them, turning before he left the room and mouthing to Chris ‘Gia,’ before he disappeared behind the door.

Terrant made his way to the bed and sat down next to her. “Your Healer didn’t have any clue why you would be in this condition. He asked me to do a quick physical check if that is okay with you?”

Chris nodded, not really sure what to say or how to feel about the weird situation she found herself in.

A grunt was heard from Garrett as he was backing up to the door. “I will just wait outside…. Uh, if you need me Alpha.” To which he also disappeared behind the door.

Terrant gave Chris an incredulous look. She shrugged, “He is very shy and nervous when there is possible nudity.”

Now it was Terrant’s turn to turn red. He smiled and shook his head, “I assure you there will be no nudity during this physical.”

Chris’s wolf sighed in disappointment and she internally kicked her. ‘It is already awkward… stop it.’ She said to her wolf, who chuckled at Chris’s nervousness.

Terrant watched her closely as he touched her head, feeling for any bumps or injuries. He skipped over her glasses and began feeling under her chin at her lymph nodes. “Let me know if anything hurts or feels different.” He moved to her shoulders and down her arms, checking her circulation by pressing on the tips of her fingers. Then down her sides to check the stability of her rib cage. He continued down pulling out the stethoscope to listen to her abdomen. She watched him curiously as he continued to press on her stomach and then check the stability of her hips, he was so engrossed with what he was doing, that her anxiety left her and was replaced with curiosity.

“So did you want to be a Healer when you were a kid?” Chris asked innocently as he pulled off her sneakers to feel the pulses on the top of her feet, checking her circulation.

He blinked and looked up at her; his concentration broken. He smiled, “If my parents had more children I would have given up being an Alpha and trained as a Healer.”

Chris’s eyebrows shot up in surprise, “You didn’t want to be Alpha?”

“Is that surprising? You didn’t want to be Alpha either.”

“What makes you think that?” Chris asked not because she was offended but genuinely curious about his opinion.

“Well I suppose the better phrase is that you didn’t really have a choice.” He sat down next to her on the bed. “Was I wrong in my assumption?”

Chris thought about it for a second. “In the beginning it was definitely more of a job, but now I actually find the position fulfilling.” Terrant nodded. “So you never wanted to be Alpha?”

Terrant looked up at the ceiling before he answered. “No. I have come to the conclusion that I am needed more as an Alpha than a Healer. My people need me here.” His eyes narrowed as he shifted his attention to her exposed stomach. “Do the scars hurt?”

Chris pushed herself up to a seated position. “No more than anyone else's.” She grabbed the water and took a sip before noticing the confused expression on Terrant’s face.

“How many people in your pack have scars? I was under the impression that-”

“Some of my people come from a very…. Abused background.”

“Including you?”

Chris could see concern on his face and quickly looked away putting her glass of water down on the bedside table. She didn’t need pity.