Chapter 40.5 (jk)

Start from the beginning

"You're so Beautiful, Shino."

She looked into his eyes.

"I just knew that there was a connection between us ever since our first battle in GGO," Kirito said. "You were so stubborn and hated me but through all of that, you stayed by me."

"You tricked me though."

"But we became friends anyways and then into partners," Kirito said as he intertwined his fingers with hers. "Shino, I've never felt this strong about someone...I love you."

Asada-san got filled up with emotion and teared up.

"I love you too, Kirito."

"Stay with me," he said and leaned in for a kiss. Asada-san leaned in and kissed him back.

Was this what a memorable night felt like?

.
.
.

Morning arrived and they were already on their way back home. Kirito had dropped Asada-san off at her house already, telling her he'll drop by again when he can. Once he left, Asada-san dressed into some warm clothing and laid down on her bed, hugging a pillow.

Even though she was home, she wanted Kirito to be with her too. She remembered about last night and blushed. It was just an unforgettable day. She touched her lips, already missing Kirito's kisses. She grabbed her diary and began to write inside since there wasn't really anyone she could talk with.

Her phone beeped, as she looked and it was Kirito:

"Just got home, I still hope you didn't catch a cold ♡"

She smiled.

Asada-san spent the whole day at home and just appreciated the good that was happening to her. She closed her eyes and finally felt at ease. She felt herself fall into a small nap.

Before she knew it, it was already noon. She stood up and felt her nose feel runny and her throat so dry.

She laughed.

Maybe she was getting sick, but she really didn't care. It was all pretty worth it.

Her phone beeped and it was a message from the group chat:

"Hey everyone! I heard there's a small festival happening tomorrow. We should go!" ~ Lizbeth

"I would love to! I miss everyone ╥﹏╥" ~ Silica

"Let's go in the afternoon! Is everyone okay with that? Kirito? Klein? Sugu? Asada-san?" ~ Lizbeth

"I'm totally okay with it, I'll make sure to remind Onii-chan, he's sleeping right now. He went somewhere yesterday and came the next day. Must be work." ~ Such

"Tell him to relax more! He's always working, we rarely even see him now." ~ Lizbeth

"Ladies, don't forget about me. I'm here too." ~ Klein

She read their messages and hesitated on answering. But then again it has been a while. Plus it did mean she could see Kirito again.

"I'll love to go," ~ Asada-san

"Sinon~! I miss you! We should play more!" ~ Silica

"Let's play SAO tonight everyone? Or?" ~ Lizbeth

"Ready whenever you are" ~ Klein

"See you there!"

Asada-san thought about it and looked at her headset. She looked on her phone and messaged everybody.

"Im not in the best condition to play tonight but I'll see everyone tomorrow!" ~ Asada-san

"Aw no problem! See you tomorrow!" ~ everyone

Asada-san rested in bed again and hoped to make herself feel better by tomorrow. She didnt want Kirito to worry about her and feel bad about it. Besides, it felt nice to get together with the group again.

It felt nice to have friends and someone special besides her.

Things just seemed to be getting better. Asada-san just knew that things were going to change once she felt sure about herself and her surroundings. She wasn't going to let herself worry anymore about anything toxic. It wasn't worth it.

As bad as it sounded, things sure seem to be taking a good turn since Asuna left.