chapter 56

8 days before...

" India vs Australia! 3rd and final ODI! It's an exciting match because the one who wins will bag the no.1 ODI spot in world cricket! "
The commentator's voice rang in her ears.

"No.1 " She smiled.

"Virat kohli has won the toss! " gavasker Sir said. " So , is it batting or bowling? "

"We will bat first. " virat bhai smiled.

"Any changes in the squad? " Sir asked.

"No. We will go with the same squad. " He replied.

"Thank you and all the best! " Sir said.

"Thank you! thank you! " Virat said and went .

She hugged her pillow and waited for the match to start.

Rohit sharma and shikhar dhawan came to bat. The first over was bowled by Nathan Coulter nile.

It was the 3rd ball of the over and flew away the stumps!

"SHIT!" She gasped as her shikkibhai bhai went out for 2 runs and in came virat kohli.

"KOHLI! KOHLI! " the stadium roared.

Soon enough rohit too got out at 19 runs and she couldn't help but keep her head in her hands.

"Rahul! Rahul! " She heard the crowd cheer and looked up to find the love of her talking to virat.

He started playing. The commentators praised him for his perfect cover drives and sweep shots.

The partnership was growing when a bouncer from zampa took Virat's wicket.

Her heartbeat was fast, she gave up her life for this match. Ms Dhoni came down with that aura she had noticed before during the 2011 WC.

The first thing that her mahi bhai did was hugging Rahul.

The scoreboard showed 45 for 3.

But there was no looking back after that. One after another both the batsmen were smashing the bowlers..every 3rd ball was going for a six.

In a normal match she would have been cheering, but this one was special. She tightened her grip at the pillow as Rahul went for a huge six! It was a 50 for him! She smiled but soon her smile faded as she realised that Rahul didn't even raised his bat, he couldn't care less about his personal achievements right now.

"Please smile.." She mumbled to no one but herself.

The game went on...the opposition was clueless...the way mahi bhai was batting was phenomenal...it seemed the Dhoni was back!

Soon enough ms Dhoni too completed his 50! A sensation of joy ran down her spine...

5 overs later..both of them were at 90's...she crossed her fingers..

"It's a brilliant reverse sweep from KL Rahul which brings him to his 3rd century in a single month!" The commentator spoke in delight.

Even now Rahul didn't show any reaction.

"I love you dimples idiot! Smile.." She whispered and it was as mahi bhai heard her and signalled Rahul to smile.

He raised his bat slightly and the crowd and dressing room erupted in joy!

She had tears in her eyes.

The next ball was dot

The next ball was dot. And then a single, mahi bhai was on strike and he pulled off the helicopter shot at stoinis 's delivery and reached his century!

"What a class battery from Dhoni! Getting a hundred in such a crucial game! " they said.

He too raised his bat and then both of them hugged. The scene in the dressing room was amazing! Everyone was so happy and seeing their happiness she felt contented.

The target was 359 for 3 wickets! The match resumed after the innings break

The match resumed after the innings break.

David Warner and Aaron Finch were doing amazing till her very own jassi took back to back wickets ! Sending back Warner and Finch to the dugout.

Everyone hugged jazz...but after that for a longtime the match was uneventful but at the 25th over when Australia was going steady in the assistance of Peter handscomb and Steve Smith, kuldeep appeared like a hurricane and bowled out Peter, Smith was caught behind and the new stoinis too was catch out! tho it wasn't a hat-trick but the 3 wickets in an over is a huge deal!

Then in 30th over yuzi took a wicket! Australia was 200/6 . then it was jadeja who went for consecutive 3 sixes but the 4th ball directly hit the stumps! zampa went out.
It seemed the match was under india's control.

Then again yuzi came and took back to back wickets! Nathan Coulter nile was caught behind and nathon lyon was catch out!

The very next ball was dot. and then a single but bancroft wanted double. Rahul had already thrown the ball which directly hitted the stumps!!!

"INDIA ARE THE WORLD NO. 1! WHAT A PHENOMENAL MATCH! " the commentators praised the team. And the crowd erupted in joy! .

She laughed blissfully.
Maybe she did right.