chapter 54

12 days before.

Both Rahul and dabs were very nervous. Rahul was supposed to meet her mother today and dabs was to meet Laksh today.

Rahul's pov

I knocked at her door after . A married woman opened the door. I assumed her to be bhumika di.

"Yes? " She asked.

"I am kl Rahul...can I meet debadrita's mother? " I asked as politely I could.

"Sure." She let me in and told me to wait.

After sometime her mother came and sit in front of me.

"Hi..I-I am Kl Rahul..Debadrita's..I mean we love each other and.." She interrupted me .

"WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU SAY THIS!" She yelled.

"Please stop the marriage. She won't be happy. " I pleaded.

"GET OUT! RIGHT NOW. " She said.

"Please." I begged.

"OUT! "

I didn't knew what to feel. I came out and she slammed the door behind me, but I saw an elderly man who was  listening to our conversation, he looked at me and went.

Ms Dhoni's pov

Dabs have came here after meeting with Laksh and she is continuously crying. Laksh have denied her pleas. She tried to make him understand but she failed.

On the other hand jasprit is continously trying to contact Rahul but he isn't picking up. I guess things aren't going well.

"Dabs.." We heard Rahul.

She ran to him and he engulfed her in a hug. Both knew the result of their 'talk' . The thing was how can we make things better.

"Bhaag chalte hai! " Rahul stated. "We don't have any other options. "

She looked at him.

"Rahul!? Are you mad or what?" Manish said. "We have our match in delhi day after tomorrow and you are thinking of running away? "

"It's just one match!" Rahul replied.

"NO! RAHUL LISTEN, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MATCH. " Jasprit reasoned.

"Can't you all win a single match without me?" He said clearly getting irritated.

"No..vijay is injured, you are our no.4 batsman and winning this match will make us the No.1 ODI team ." Virat said.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BOTHERED ABOUT BEING NO.1 VIRAT! ?" He shouted.

"WE ARE JUST CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR CAREER RAHUL! " Virat shouted back.

Amongst all the chaos, dabs came and sat beside me, resting her face in her hands.

"Exactly! The selectors won't give you another chance. " Sakshi said.

"I just want to live with her.." He mumbled.

"You both are famous, she will continue to do her work but Rahul , tera career khatam hojaega! " aishi said. " Once the news will spread that you missed such an important match for running away with a girl, your career will finish. "

"You will have to choose. Career or dabs." Zindagi said without any emotions. "Your dreams or love. "

He kept quite for sometime.

"Dabs it is. " He said and  Everyone sighed.

"GREAT! JAO AB! " virat said frustrated.

Dabs looked up, her eyes red with so much crying. She went to Rahul and took his hands in her.

"So, it's a choice between his career and my life?" She asked looking at everyone.

No one dared to look at her. She let out a sigh and cupped Rahul's face and wiped his tears.

"You are ready to end your career for me? " She asked.

"Yes." He said as confidently as he will ever be.

"Itna Pyaar karte ho mujhse? "

"Haa" He replied.

"Main bhi."

"Rahul....you know one thing I learned from mahi bhai was how to think of the nation before us. " She looked at me and smiled sadly.

I knew what was coming next.

"He didn't came when ziva was born..for making india proud. Rahul..it's your chance...play the match. " Tears rolled down her eyes as Rahul tightened his grip on her hand.

"But I will lose you..." He broke down. "Don't do this."

"Win the match...I don't to live with the regret of destroying my life for a match that we lost. Win it. Please. " She smiled sadly. " That's the most you can do. " She freed herself from his grip and took some steps back.

"No..please..no" He kept telling and she cried as she took a deep breath.

"12th April, you all are invited to the wedding. " and she ran out leaving everything behind even her life and I was so proud of her. She proves that nothing comes before the pride of the nation.

None of us knew what to do as much as we wanted them to be together we also didn't wanted Rahul's career to end.

He sat down silently, so shocked that it was impossible for us to console him.

"This is the end then.." He whispered.

_________________________________________

THE END
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
NO. IT'S A JOKE. I AM KIDDING. STORY BAAKI HAI ABHI. AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO GIVE REVIEWS.