chapter 40

(A/N - I really really want to thank Ojaswini2005 for creating this amazing trailer for the book❤I am overwhelmed ❤thank you! )

***

Last day in delhi.

Dabs and aishi both wore a white - red saree and went to touch the feet of durga maa and to put some sweet in the idol's mouth. It's a ritual, according to the bengali's durga maa is their own daughter and she comes every year to her own home, in earth among the mortals. They celebrate it in a similar way any family will do when there daughter comes home. This celebration is the reason it's more like a festival rather than a puja.  At the last day, the idol is feeded by sweets, muh mitha karwaake bheja jaata hai or we can say 'mishti mukh' .

After taking the blessings, they came down and shared the sweets with everyone and married women started playing with sindoor while the unmarried girls, play with it like holi ❤

In this process, aishi, dabs and zindagi were dragged with all the other women to dance and play with sindoor on the beats of 'dhak' a must music instrument. The puja starts with it's beats and end with it's beats.

As they danced around gracefully, the boys were in awe, a little amount of red colour on the girls made them a thousand times more attractive and in addition to it they were in saree!

After everything ended , it was time for visharjan, that is immersing the idol in water in the ghats!
Trucks were ready to carry durga maa and her dear mortals. The boys always helped the girls to climb up the truck. Every year, dabs climbed it on her own, but this time it was her saree that didn't allowed her to do so.

Hardik climbed up and then pulled  aishi after jazz lifted her till a certain height. Then zindagi climbed on a chair and jumped to the truck with the help of Manish. Dabs was going to climb when suddenly 3-4 women went ahead of her and took a no. Of women with them. The truck was almost filled. Then Rahul hold her hands as she climbed on the chair and then made her way up to the truck, hurting her hand in the process and blood was oozing off it. Rahul climbed up and closed the shutter which was merely half of his length. Half of the crowd sat down including zindagi, Manish and aishi.

Rahul - "dabs...hold me ,when the truck will start, you will get a jerk. "

Dabs- "nahi, I will be fine. " She was afraid that the blood on her hands will spoil his white kurta.

He was afraid that she will fall when the truck will start because she was on the edge, without any support and the shutter was only half in length.

The truck started with a big jerk, she  was pushed back with the force and was about to fall when Rahul grabbed her by her waist. His touch on her bare waist made her shiver! He pulled her close to him and engulfed her in a hug. Her grip on him was tight until she realised that she spoiled his kurta.  She murmured close to his ears as there bodies merely had any distance.

Dabs- "I - I am sorry, tumhara kurta, sorry. "

Rahul - *looked at the Red marks on his kurta * "achcha hai, it will always remind me of you! " He smiled.
"By the way, when did you get hurt? " He asked suddenly getting angry.

Dabs- "while climbing up " She said looking down.

He took her hands in his And touched her wound making her hiss. He slowly cleaned it with his handkerchief and brought her finger near his mouth , kissed it and then sucked the rest of the wound. She shivered at this as he chuckled and made his grip tighter around her waist. The blood stopped coming out.

She blushed and looked down. The rest of the way, they were silent but kept stealing glances at each other and every second she felt his grip getting tighter on her waist.
They reached the ghats and took the idol in front of the ghat.

(A/N - my photography skills are pretty ok! These pictures are clicked by your one and only author ❤😂 aren't they so amazing umm

(A/N - my photography skills are pretty ok! These pictures are clicked by your one and only author ❤😂 aren't they so amazing umm...mujhe apni Tareef karna pasand hai. )

As they took seven turns with the goddess before immersing in water, Rahul and jazz could see dabs and aishi trying hard to stop there tears. It was an emotional moment for them. Every year durga maa comes for 5 days, but these 5 days make them highly emotional. The pain in their heart is really pure. The boys made their way to the girls and hugged them as they buried their head in their chest.

_________________________________________

Hey guys!
The next chapter will be a challenge for me😥 but did you like this one? Batana mat bhulna :)