33: Little Things, Little Dreams

Magsimula sa umpisa

And it's always fine with him.

We knew each other's code. Akakios's code was the date when we first met. And mine's Dada and Momo's anniversary.

Off namin ni Akakios sa trabaho at sobrang nakakapagod kahapon, kaya siguro pagod pa rin ako ngayon. Pati pala pagod may extension. Umaga pa lang pero pagod na ako.

"Ano gagawin mo ngayon?" Tanong ko habang nilalagyan n'ya ng kanin 'yung pinggan ko. I also helped in serving his plate some dishes.

"Gusto kong pumuntang school, magpapasukan na 'di ba?"

My forehead creased with his answer. "Are planning to enroll?" He nodded his head delightfully with a bright beam. I tousled his hair, because he's just so cute.

"Which school?"

"Do you know a good one?"

"How about where I'm studying?"

"Magandang ideya."

"You can't escape me, Akakios." I replied while laughing at him.

He took a spoonful and smiled. "Wala naman akong planong tumakas sa 'yo."

I discovered that I could be a normal person because of him. When he's around I get noticed, without even trying. And when I am around him, his strong and terrifying presence (for other people, because I never really felt his intimidating aura) tone down.

We conversed about it and it was just simple. I thought it'll be awkward and dramatic because we were gonna "use" each other for our own sake. But Akakios just shrugged it off and joked how we were tied to each other.

He doesn't make things big deal. He just easily solved and moved on from it. His positivity and calmness always makes me feel so safe and in peace.

"Why did you think about going to school?"

"I haven't experienced anything about school and how it works. Marami ka ng naturo sa 'kin, kaya hindi na ako gano'n ka walang muwang sa syudad, pero gusto ko pa rin matuto." He explained carefully.

I nodded because my mouth was still full and replied after, "But what career would you pursue?"

"Hmmm..." Napa-isip s'ya sa tanong ko.

"What about being a chef?" I asked, he's a great cook! He could build restaurants and dining because of his skills. He's on the level of Tita Shana's cooking. And Tita Shana's a professional.

Natawa s'ya sa sinabi ko. "Nagluluto ako, kasi kailangan."

I chuckled at him. I know. He once told me that it's his Lolo's rule. That to eat food, he needed to cook it himself and never depend or eat other people's food. His Lolo's really strict based on his stories. I'd be so frightened to meet him.

"What do you want to be?" I asked instead.

"Hindi ko rin alam..." Mahinang sabi n'ya.

"It's okay, you can try things at school and discover what you want in there."

"Talaga?" His face brightened.

"Syempre naman."

"Thank you."

"I'll come with you later." I told him.

"Aren't you tired?" His eyes looked worried. He's older than me, but I feel like he's younger most of the times. Ang inosente at ang pure n'ya kasi.

"Nagka-energy na ako gawa ng food."

Natawa s'ya sa sinabi ko. "What would you like for dinner?"