It was the next day, and Max had a meeting with Richard Webber about the job offer at the hospital. She was doing her normal morning routine in her bathroom, taking a shower, brushing her teeth and everything else.

Max was pulling back her short hair as much as she could when she heard a knock on the door "Maxine its time to go" Leo's voice called out.

She rolled her eyes at the sound of her full name "I'm coming Leonard" she said with a little attitude opening the door and walking out.

"Come on, we've got to go and you've got to see the Chief" Leo said pushing Max out of the door and into the car.

Leo parked his car in his spot and they both got out, walking toward the front doors of the hospital, Max turned to Leo "I'm gonna go find the Chief, I'll see you later Leo"

She walked up to the receptionist "Hi, I'm Maxine Mallard, I have an appointment to see Chief Webber" She said putting her keys and phone into her purse.

The receptionist nodded grabbing the phone to call the Chief, "Chief Webber, I have a Maxine Mallard here, do you want me to send her up?" Max heard the girl say "Okay, I'll send her up, thank you"

The doctor gave the helpful receptionist a small smile of gratitude before Max goes and tries to find his office but as soon as she turns around she see's a short black women standing right in front of her "Oh hello" Max said kind of startled

"I heard you wanted to see the Chief, who are you?" The lady asks crossing her arms

"I'm Maxine Mallard, who are you?" Max was now confused, wondering who this women was.

"Great, there's two of you. I'm Miranda Bailey and until I tell you otherwise you can call me Bailey, I'll take you up to his office" Bailey said walking off, Max stood there wide eyed walking after the shorter lady.

They got onto the elevator and Bailey was standing straight, not giving the new doctor the time of day. The doors to the elevator opened and Max got out, still not completely sure where they were.

Bailey rolled her eyes "His office is the room right there, all you need to do is walk there"

Max gave a small thanks to Miranda Bailey and then she walked across the bridge to the Chiefs Office. She reached his door, giving herself a little shake to ease her nerves before knocking of the door, she heard a muffled 'Come In' so she opened the door to see Richard Webber sitting at his desk probably doing paper work.

"Maxine Mallard! How are you doing," Chief said getting up from his chair to give the girl a hug 

Max laughed, patting his back as they hugged "I'm doing well, it's been what almost 5 years since I saw her and Adele?" She said agreeing with him.

Webber pulled away from the hug "It's been that long already, Adele would love to see you, she's always raving about you" He told her smiling, he gestured for her to sit at one of the chairs in front of her desk, which she gladly took.