Chapter 89 : Miniature Canyon in the Woods

Hey friends, new chap, enjoy!

Two days later...

Stacy's POV

I woke up to bright lights, a pounding headache, and excruciating pain in my back, and I had no idea why. I looked around, I was in a hospital... but why? What happened? Eventually I pressed the nurse call button and a nurse came in my room shortly. "Oh, you're awake! How are you feeling?" She asked. "Why am I here? What happened?" I asked. "You fell off of a horse and landed on your head in the road, you've been unconscious for 2 days." She answered, then it all came back to me. My little girl went missing and is probably still missing, so I attempted to ride Graser's horse to find her. "What were you doing out on a horse at 6am in the middle of nowhere anyway?" The nurse asked. "Umm, my daughter went missing the day before and I went out to search for her myself on my husband's very hyper horse which was obviously a bad idea. But I wanted my baby back, she's only 2." "Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll definitely spread the word so she'll hopefully be found." She replied. "Thank you. Do you know where my husband is by the way?" I asked. "No, but I could go tell the doctor to give him a call." She said, I nodded and she left after making sure I was ok. I sat there in silence for probably a half hour, then the door handle turned, and in came Graser. "Hey, how you feeling?" He asked with a smile, I smiled back. "Not lovely, not horrible I guess." I answered. "Where were you off to?" I asked, he sighed as his smile faded. "Looking for Gracy." He answered, my smile faded as well as tears formed in my eyes. "I just can't believe that. I hate that guy with a passion if he really did take Gracy." I said. "I know, I'll have to really try hard to not shoot him between the eyes if the police find him." Graser replied as he started rubbing my back, which hurt, a lot. "Ow, Graser. Don't do that." I said. "Sorry, Stacy. And, I know this is the last thing you wanna hear but... another disc is ruptured in your spine, they have to fuse it like the other one." He said, I honestly don't care at this point. "I don't even care. Oh well, all I care about is our baby." I replied. "I know, we'll find her eventually, I promise." "Don't promise that, Graser. We both know that we may never find her." I mumbled, he sighed because he probably didn't wanna agree with me but he also didn't wanna lie to me. We both sat there in silence for awhile, I just started crying eventually cause I've had enough of the up's and down's in my life. One day, we're happy, throwing a pool party, helping one of our horses give birth to an adorable foal, and then the next, our daughter goes missing, I need emergency surgery, Maggie hurts her leg, Graser hits a deer with his car, it's just endless. "Just why? WHY CAN'T MY LIFE BE CONTINUOUSLY HAPPY FOR ONCE?!" I yelled, Graser didn't even bother replying, he just looked at the floor. "I really don't know, Stacy. I just really don't." He eventually replied. "What next? Pogonip or Page or Molly is gonna run away or run into the street and get hit by a car?!" "Relax, Stacy. Let's just listen to some music, and try not to think about anything." Graser replied, he's right. He turned on his phone and played a random song, it was a nice song called 'Safe' by Westlife.

Hard to find a way to get through

It's a tragedy

Pulling at me like the stars do

You're like gravity

Even if the wind blows

It makes it hard to believe

How you gonna love?

How you gonna feel?

How you gonna live your life like the dream you have is real?

If you lost your way