Chapter 54 : Felines to K9's

Hey friends, new chap, enjoy!

Three weeks later...

Graser's POV

Life is good so far, the only thing sad that happened was we went to Utah to bury our baby that didn't make it with Lyra and Angel about 2 weeks ago. We'll never forget about baby Zach, but we've been trying not to think about it lately. Maggie's foal is doing great, we named him 'Sparky,' kinda boring but we don't wanna get too attached to him since we're selling him. Oh yeah, did I mention that Everest is now ours? We officially adopted him after realizing that he's a good boy, he's essentially a service dog. Rarely barks, listens well, he'll even go get a bag of chips out of the pantry if you tell him to, it's quite funny anytime I hear Will in his room say... "Everest, get chips!" Then I see Everest go trotting down the hallway, then he trots back with tortilla chips in his mouth. Anyway, Everest is quite lonely, Page and Molly just don't really understand how to play with a 105 pound wolf, maybe he needs a friend? Obviously I wouldn't go and get another animal if I knew we couldn't handle it, but everything is pretty chill right now, we could handle it if we get another dog like Everest. I mean, they don't have to know how to bring you a drink from the fridge as long as they're calm and stuff. Stacy has a doctors appointment today because she's been having cramps in her stomach, but Will agreed to take her to that, if my mom could watch the munchkins, I could go look around for another four-legged friend. I waited for Will and Stacy to leave, I then called my mom to watch Gracy and Nature. When she came over, I got in my truck and headed to a few animal shelters, none of the dogs there really caught my attention. "What kinda pal you looking for?" Asked a volunteer. "Well, I have a pet wolf..." I started. "Wow, ok then." The volunteer replied, I chuckled. "But he's like a service dog, not kidding. I also have a 1 month old and a 9 month old. I'm looking for a playful dog, yet obedient and calm." I explained. "Well, would you be ok with having an ex-police dog? He's killed more than one person but he's the sweetest boy. Nobody wants him after we say that though, instead they're terrified of him." He said. "Hell, if he's a police dog, he's gotta be obedient." I replied, the guy smiled before he gestured for me to follow. He led me to a jet black German Shepherd, his name was Diesel, he was laying down in his cage. "Hey!" I said as I put my hand up to the bars on his cage, he stood up and wagged his tail as he came over to me, he then licked my hand through the bars. "Can I take him on a walk to get to know him?" I asked the volunteer, he nodded and gave me a leash. I leashed him up and brought him outside where there was another German Shepherd, and he had a muzzle on. As we walked by, that German Shepherd went after Diesel. "Hey!" Both me and the owner yelled at the dogs as we tried to break them up, eventually we did and no one was hurt, I got nipped on my hand but it's fine. "Sorry about that." The owner said. "Don't worry about it, I'm new to dogs, I went from felines to canines very quick." I replied, they chuckled. I brought Diesel outside where we went on a short walk, practicing basic commands such as 'stay,' 'sit,' 'down,' 'come,' and so on, he listens incredibly well. I went back inside and up to the desk. "Is he going home with you?" The volunteer asked, I proudly nodded. After filling out a bunch of paperwork, and getting Diesel microchipped, we finally went home where all of the animals happily greeted each other, then they started playing together. "He's so sweet!" Said my mom petting Diesel, I nodded. Now we wait for Stacy and Will to come home.

Will's POV

We're at the hospital now to see why Stacy's been having cramps, the doctors already checked her out, we're just waiting on the results. "You don't think it's anything serious, do you?" She asked, I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't want to promise her anything, I have no idea what's wrong with her. Soon the doctor came back, he didn't look too happy. "Well Stacy, we don't think you'll ever be able to have kids again." He said, Stacy didn't even really react. "W-why?" She asked. "When we pulled the placenta out, it damaged your the coating on the inside of your uterus. Technically, you can still get pregnant, but it would be pointless, your baby would die without that coating to keep your immune system from attacking the baby." He explained, it's my fault. This wouldn't have freaking happened if I didn't forget about the damn placenta again. What's new? Everything is my f*cking fault. "I'm sorry." Said the doctor before he left, Stacy sighed. "Will, don't even think about blaming yourself." She said, how'd she know? "How'd you know I already was?" I asked. "You look guilty when you shouldn't, it's not your fault. I'm kind of... ok with this, we have Gracy and Nature." She said. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah, my family is already amazing." She answered, I smiled. We then signed out of the hospital and went home, when we walked in, there was no one to be seen. "Guys? Page? Molly? Everest? Graser?" Stacy called, I looked down the hallway to see glowing yellow eyes. "Um, who or what are you?" I asked with fear in my voice, the eyes began getting closer, it was a black dog. "Where'd he come from?!" Stacy asked as she backed up into the kitchen. "RAWR!!!" Graser yelled as he jumped out from behind the doorway in the kitchen, Stacy screamed as he laughed. "I'm sorry, have you met our new friend?" He asked as he looked at the black dog. "What do mean? Did you get another dog?!" Stacy asked. "Yeah! His name is Diesel!" Graser exclaimed. "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!" Stacy asked angrily. "Listen! He's a retired police dog, therefore he listens well, look! Diesel, sit!" Graser yelled, Diesel quickly sat down. "See? And he loves kids, he already loves Gracy and Nature!" Graser said, Stacy sighed before petting Diesel, she smiled at him. "Hi buddy, you're very cute." She said as she sat down with him, he put his front paws on her shoulders and stood up as he licked her face. "You know, what the heck, welcome to the Graser/Kiing family, Diesel." She happily said, Diesel wagged his tail. We then relaxed on the couch for a bit, I don't know how me, Stacy, Graser, Gracy, Nature, Donna, Diesel, Everest, Page, Molly, Milque, Max, Shadow, and Marley all fit on the small couch. Soon Donna volunteered to make dinner, she made spaghetti before leaving. Me, Graser, and Stacy all ate and watched movies for the rest of the night. Eventually, we put Gracy and Nature in their crib and we went back to the couch where we all fell asleep, I love my family, and I can't wait until my actual family comes to visit next week.

OML, I CANNOT BELIEVE I POSTED A 9000 WORD SHORT STORY AND POSTED A CHAP IN HERE TOO. Anyway, hope you enjoyed, see you next chap! (Below is a pic of what Diesel looked like btw.)

)