Chapter 63 : Let's go, Mother Truckers!

Hey friends, new chap, enjoy!

Will's POV

One month later... (May 3rd, 2018)

Life is currently good. But I feel as though anytime I say that, I jinx myself and something bad happens. Anyway, me and Stacy are fully healed, both emotionally and physically, and we swore on our lives that we're never going back to that creek. Oh yeah, I bet you're all wondering, we did eventually find Sparky, he was just roaming around in the woods behind our house the whole time, so me and Stacy almost dying again, was not necessary... at all. Anyhow, we also decided that we're going to VidCon this year, and today I'm going back to my job as a coach, we have a game today, and I'm not usually the type to focus on winning, but that's gonna change today. The reason I wanna win today, is because I know we can do it. The team we're playing, is not the greatest, I know for a damn fact that we can beat them. I went and did my daily chores before I have to leave, Stacy has been busy with our babies even though I offer to help, she never accepts the offer. And I don't think she realizes how much work another baby is gonna be, but I haven't bothered to really talk about it with her because it's a little late to bail out now anyway, there's no point in talking about it if we can't even do anything about it. I continued doing chores until it was time to leave, we all got in the car before heading to the high school where I had to join my team on the bus, at least it's fun to talk with everyone, they're always mocking me for my accent. Once we were at the other high school, we went onto the field and started practicing, soon the game began, and we were sucking. "C'mon guys! You know what to do!" I yelled. "Savanna! Stop walking in circles! You're not grocery shopping, you're playing soccer, run! Sprint!" I yelled at her, she immediately picked up the pace. Right before halftime, one of my girls did what I always tell them NOT to do, the ball came at them and instead of stopping it, they kicked it away, which resulted in the ball going in a random direction at like 100mph, and it happened to be coming MY direction. I was the most embarrassed I'd ever been when out of instinct, I put my foot up to stop it, but I missed and the ball hit me, and of all places, it hit me in the crotch. Everyone laughed as I bent over holding my 'stuff,' even Stacy and Graser were holding their stomachs and laying on their backs, laughing. I then tried to laugh it off, it was honestly pretty funny. "I'm so sorry, coach Will!" Said the girl who kicked me, her name was Violet. "It's alright! Just stop the dang ball next time." I said as I chuckled. "Go kick some 'balls,' girls!" I heard the Track and Field coach say, I almost fell over laughing. Soon it was halftime, my girls were doing good considering it's still 0-0. "I'm still so sorry I hit you." Said Violet again as she gave me a hug. "Awe, it's alright. It was entertaining!" I replied, everyone laughed. "All of you are doing amazing, just keep it up. Wether we lose or we don't, we're still gonna have fun." I said, they smiled. All of the sudden, Graser came up behind me. "What do you want?" I asked, the girls laughed. "I just wanted to tell you, your team name is the 'Truckers,' and what do I always say?" He asked, me and my team looked at each other with confused faces. "Let's go, Mother Truckers!" He chanted, we all laughed. "You're not welcome on the field, go back to whatever planet you came from, ya weirdo." I said as I shoved him away, him and the girls laughed as he ran back to Stacy and our babies. The game continued shortly after, but just before the game was about to end, one of my best players named Stella got hurt... really bad. I ran onto the field and knelt down to her, I couldn't really see anything seriously wrong with her. "It's alright, you're alright, just breathe." I said as she tried to wipe away her tears, everyone on the field started crowding us. "Guys, get back!" I whispered as I gestured for them to back up, I don't wanna get Stella anymore worked up than she already is. "It's alright, what hurts?" I asked, she looked at her leg. I examined it, nothing was wrong, she was just afraid to move. Eventually I got her to move it around and make sure it was ok, I then helped her up and started walking back to the sideline, but Stella stopped, I turned and looked at her. "I wanna play still." She said sniffling. "Well, please be careful." I replied, she smiled before going back to her position. The game continued, and thank the heavens, Stella scored a goal only 10 seconds before the game ended, we freaking won. Our whole team huddled together and celebrated, we were so happy. Soon we all left with smiles on our faces for the first time ever, we continued talking and laughing the whole way home.

Later that night...

It's around 2:30am, and I just now got in bed. Recently, I bought myself a tv, I usually just freak myself out at nighttime because I like to watch murder investigation tv shows. I then decided to watch the news for a little bit, and boy did I hate what I saw. "Amanda Owen who has been charged with murder and the attempted murder of 'Stacy Hinojosa' has been reported missing from prison today. Be on the lookout for her and if you see her, do not take matters into your own hands, call 911 immediately." I turned my tv completely off, I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to believe it. I was torn on wether I should tell Stacy and Graser or not. If I do, Stacy will be terrified of everything and will be glued to me and Graser 24/7. If I don't tell them, I feel as though that might end badly if Amanda shows up here. I decided that I wouldn't tell them, at least for now. I closed my eyes before trying to fall asleep, I was on edge as I listened to the noises outside. I tried not to worry too much, Diesel is a protection dog after all, he stays in the living room, looking outside and keeping watch, he'd gladly kill anyone who isn't part of the family if they decided to visit in the middle of the night. Just as I was falling asleep, Diesel made me jump out of my skin as he started barking up storm. What if Amanda is already after us?! I got out my gun, loaded it, and headed to the living room where Diesel was looking intensely out of the window. I walked up to him before taking a deep breath as I pulled the curtain aside and looked out, my eyes widened as I saw...

Cliffhanger. I wrote some of this at soccer FYI. Anyway, I don't really have much to say so... see you next chap!