"What made you slip?" He took another step. Something flashed in his eyes but it was gone before I knew it.

"I shook the shampoo and it got on the floor, then boom. Slipped."

"Thought you got some in your eye?" The corner of his mouth pulled upward ever so slightly.

I gulped.

Not because he busted my lie.

But because his eyes weren't Caribbean blue anymore. They were blood red. Like his wolf.

"Adria-"

His eyes skimmed over my face, then my collar bone, down to my legs. Back to my collar bone. Then to the nape of my neck.

"Adrian?"

He shook another step. I moved farther into the counter. My heart hammered.

"You know what marking is. Yeah?" His voice sounded different. Slightly. If I hadn't been obsessed with how soothing and deep and amazing his voice was i probably wouldn't have even noticed. But he sounded less stern and hard.

I wasn't sure if I should answer him or not.

"Adrian. I- you -youre not you right now."

"I know."

"And, and, you need to be you right now."

"Do I?" His hand moved to my cheek, running a thumb over my cheek bone.

It would've been a kind, sweet gesture if he knew what he was doing. If he was in control.

His eyes went back to blue or a moment. A split second. But he lost control again.

Luke and Damine were right when they said to try and stay away from Adrian sexually. He wouldn't be able to control his wolf. But, this situation wasn't exactly my choice.

Now I wish Luke and Damine were here to ruin the moment like they always do.

"I dont want you to mark me."

His eyes shot to mine, fire ablaze. But that quickly turned to sadness.

"Not like this."

He wouldn't do it against my will would he?

His eyes dropped to my hand, gripping my towel so it wouldn't fall, so tight my knuckles were white.

Another flash of blue sparked in his eyes, it held longer than before. But vanished once more.

My hair stuck wet against my shoulders and exposed shoulder blades. Reminding me of what had started all of this.

My breath picked up rapidly. He wouldn't do it against my will, I mentally assured myself.

But the hungry lust filled eyes that stared back at me, reminded me of the past i couldn't escape from.

He wouldn't...

I was defense less. My throat closed up, unable to speak when he stepped closer. So close I felt his breath again my ear.

His head lowered to my neck.

He wouldn't.

He paused.

I spoke.

"Adrian, you're scaring me." It only came out in a whisper. Maybe that was due to the closeness. Or to the flashbacks going on in the back of my mind. Either way, he froze for a moment before pulling back- as if i were on fire.

Blue. Caribbean blue I'd missed in only a few minutes.

"El," he mumbled. Those same blur eyes were sorry, regret, shame, and very, very sorry.

He seemed to make a move to hug me - but pulled back.

I wasn't sure if I was happy to see him again or worried. Worried of what to say now, to do now. He couldn't exactly help losing control. He needed to know I knew that.

So I leaned my forehead against his chest. It was the only gesture I could think of that didn't result in me letting go of my towel.

His chest fell in a sigh of relief, instantly his strong arms wrapped around my shoulders.

He mumbled against my wet hair. "I'm sorry."

I nodded.

Fighting or being mad at Adrian wasn't an option. He couldn't help it. And with dickhead on the loose i didnt want to leave Adrian's side.

"It's okay." It really was.
______

Forever? I know! Im sorry ive been busy and working on my other books. (Self promo, go check them out!) Also, do you like the new book cover or? Good chapter or? Good book or? What do you think will happen next? Or what dickhead is up to?

Love you all and thank you for reading, voting, commenting, etc. It means A LOT you have no idea! ❤️