12.

8:30AM

"Hyung, it feels good to be back" Minho says, walking into the cafe with Jeongin following behind them.

"Nice to see you again Minho-ah, who's this?" Woojin asks, already starting to prepare Minho usual drink order.

"This is Yang Jeongin, I'm officially his legal guardian" Minho tells Woojin, the older drops the milk carton he had been holding. Woojin does a double take at Jeongin and Minho as he processed his words.

"You mean to tell me that you adopted this kid?" Woojin asks him in shock, pointing at Jeongin like he was a rabid animal.

"Hyung, I adopted Jeongin because he was a dance student that needed my help." Minho explains to Woojin, placing a hand on Jeongin shoulder for comfort.

"Sorry, it's just after everything that happened with and Jisung to even save him from his dad. I never thought they actually let the man that killed his dad adopt his son" Woojin says, bending down out of sight to pick up the spilled milk carton before standing back up.

"I didn't kill his dad Hyung, he shot himself when we were fighting for the gun. So Jisung should get his facts straight before he tells you anything!" Minho tells Woojin through gritted teeth as his blood boiled in his veins.

"My Hyung isn't a murderer Woojin Hyung, he saved me before I almost died. I'm grateful towards him for killing the man that was once my father."  Jeongin tells Woojin, confidently stepping forward towards the counter to lock eyes with him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound that way. Sorry Minho-ah" Woojin apologizes by bowing down to Jeongin and Minho.

"I'm going to go get the mop and bucket to clean this mess, so take your time choosing a drink Jeongin-ah. It'll be on the house." Woojin tells them before going through the kitchen door.

"Hyung!" Jeongin hears the familiar voice, as the bell to the cafe rings. "Hyung!" He hears again as he turns around to see Chan.

"What is it?" Woojin asks, coming out of the kitchen with a mop inside a rolling bucket.

"There's been an accident, call for an ambulance!" Chan tells him. Woojin immediately grabs his phone out of his back pocket to call for an ambulance.

"Chan Hyung, do you know who it is?"  Minho asks the older.

"A student from SOPA got hit by a car on there walk to school, the driver never stopped and kept going." Chan tells him.

"Chan Hyung! Does the student have a mole under their right eye and plump lips?" Jeongin asks in a panic. Chan swallows his breath as he nods in response.

"Hyunjin Hyung!" Jeongin shouts as he doesn't give anyone the time to process the name, running out the cafe to see the accident five blocks away.

"Jeongin!" Minho shouts for him as he ran out of the cafe to follow him, Chan not to far behind from Minho.

8:47AM

Jeongin squeezes past the line of cars that had been put to a stop. A crowd crowded around Hyunjin injured body. His head looked like it was bleeding, his arm seemed broken in two places, but the worst part was his legs. His legs looked completely crushed as every bone could be seen sticking out from his skin.

Minho and Chan soon caught up to Jeongin to see the scene for themselves. Minho covers his mouth in horror when he sees how crushed and broken Hyunjin legs look. Chan starts pushing the crowd away from Hyunjin to go back to their cars.

"Hyung, his legs look un-repairable. The car most have ran over his legs at full speed to leave every area and joint broken." Jeongin tells Minho with tears starting to drip down his cheeks.

"Jeongin-ah" He hears Hyunjin voice cracked in a whisper. "I can't feel my legs" He tells him as he could tell he was trying to move his legs.

"Don't worry Jinnie, help is on the way" Jeongin tells him, as he tried not to cry for him.

Minho couldn't look at Hyunjin condition anymore, hearing the ambulance sirens ten blocks away from them. He couldn't let Hyunjin lose his legs, it would put an end to his dancing career. His big dream of performing as a backup dancer for Got7 World Wide Tour. It was his dream and without it, he knew his junior wouldn't last. Minho could already see Hyunjin throwing himself off the hospital roof as soon as they tell him he'll never be able to walk, run, or Dance again.

Minho backed away from Jeongin and Chan as he caught view of Hyunjin one last time. He closes his eyes, "Rewind ⏪" He says, he opens his eyes to start seeing the events go back to like they never happened. He looks down at the watch on his right wrist to see the minute hand rotating backwards.

8:29AM

"Stop" Minho says, the wind vanishing  as he and Jeongin were now outside of Woojin cafe again.

"Jeongin, I'm going to go a few blocks down to go get some donuts for us and Woojin Hyung inside as bonus points. Just go inside and introduce yourself and I'll be back in ten minutes" Minho explains to Jeongin as he patted the younger back to step into the cafe. 

Minho immediately starts walking as quickly as he can pass the morning pedestrians on the sidewalk . He makes it exactly five blocks down the to where the intersection was. He looked across the road to the other side-walk to see Hyunjin happily bopping his head on his way to school. He smiled at the younger as his steps would turn into mini dance moves, moving in sync with the music playing in his ears. Minho crosses the street to run to the other side of the sidewalk to get Hyunjin before he crossed the street. 

"Hyunjin-ah!" Minho shouts for him as he passes through the other pedestrians. Minho finally catches up to Hyunjin to surprise the younger with his sudden presence. Hyunjin takes his airpods out of his ears to focus on his Minho. 

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" Hyunjin asks him. "Oh? I-I was on my way to get donuts for me and Jeongin, he's waiting for me at the Grizzly Cafe." Minho tells him.

"I wish I could join you but I have to get to school on time or else I'll be scolded again by the guard" Hyunjin tells Minho.

"Wait!" Minho says, stepping in front of him as he checked the watch on his wrist. 8:35PM.

"Hyung, I really have to get going if you have nothing else to tell me" Hyunjin tells him.

"WATCH OUT!" Minho hears someone yell as he turns back to see a child in the middle of the cross walk.

"No!" Minho yells, but everything instantly comes to a stop. The bummer of the truck grazing the child.

"Jisung?" Minho questions as he looks around but doesn't see the younger brown hair boy. Minho doesn't wait to look around and goes straight to the little girl on the crosswalk to scoop her up in his arms. He places her on the other side of the sidewalk and runs back to where Hyunjin was left frozen.

The world is suddenly brought back to speed with the truck passing furiously by. The little crying on the other side of sidewalk from the fear of almost being ran over.

"Okay, well I'll see you after school Hyung" Hyunjin tells him, patting Minho on the shoulder before leaving him to get to school.

"What the hell just happened?" Minho asks himself. At that same moment a pigeon falls beside feet, dead. It felt like a bad omen to him as he walked over the dead bird. He had to get donuts after all before going back empty handed.

~•~