7. Looks Like You're Going To See Your Penguins

Chapter 7

Looks Like You're Going To See Your Penguins

I woke up feeling like there was a ton of bricks on top of me.  Don't get me wrong.  It was a comfortable ton of bricks.  But nonetheless, I couldn't breath

When I opened my eyes, I found the reason of my lack of oxygen...in the form of my handsome boyfriend. 

Max was laid out on top of my body, which was not the position we'd fallen asleep in.  Most of the time, I'd wake up with him holding me to his chest.  But no, not this time.  His head was on my chest and one of his arms around my waist while the other was cushioning my head.  I was betting both of his arms were asleep since he had me laying on them for possibly the entire night. 

His light snore was quite adorable as I watched him sleep.  His face was tilted toward me so I could see his eyes jumping behind his lids.  Hopefully he was having a good dream...and that dream was one about me. 

I reached up, brushing my hand over his soft, dark hair and down his cheek.  He shifted slightly, only to pull me closer to him before settling on me again. 

He stayed like that for another half hour or so.  By then, I was used to his weight on top of me.  I knew when he was starting to wake up, though, because his heartbeat was quickening.  He shifted on me and leaned his head up more to kiss the side of my neck, his eyes still closed. 

"You awake?" Max asked, his voice husky from sleep. 

"Yeah," I said, smiling, even though he could see.  "I have been for a while."

"Mm," he mumbled into the crook of my neck. 

Max's arms tightened on me and he slid up so his face closer to mine.  I couldn't help it when I started laughing.  His face was still pressed against my neck and I could feel it when he started smiling.  He moved his arm from around my waist and slowly trailed his hand over my stomach and then up under my shirt. 

And I knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Don't you dare," I said, pulling the hair at the nape of his neck warningly. 

Leaning his face back, he looked down at me innocently, his hand still on my bare stomach.  "What?"

My eyes narrowed.  Sure, he looked incredibly adorable with his hair sticking up every which way.  But behind that innocent smile was a plan.  An evil plan. 

"You know exactly what," I said, trying to push him off of me.  "You're going to start tickling me.  But maybe you realize that my leg is in a great position to aim a kick at something important."

Max's hand almost immediately stopped and he wrapped his arm around my waist again, pulling me up against him.  I laughed as he lifted me up toward him and planted a kiss on my lips. 

"I guess I have to stop.  I want children one day, so I won't chance it."

I laughed, kissing him again.  "That's what I thought.  Now, get off of me."

He didn't have time to move before the door to our room burst open and two figures appeared in the doorway, their hands covering their eyes as they walked in.

"Are you two decent?  I know it was probably a fun night, but you could at least put some clothes on when there are guests," Ben said, his grin broad on his face.

My cheeks immediately flamed as Max laughed and rolled off of me.  I sat up, adjusting my shirt just as both Ben and Drew opened their eyes.  The two of them were still in their pajamas and looked like they had both just woken up also.