Being Bitten-20

Mulai dari awal

“At the diner. He works till 12,” She replies to Astrid, then turns to her stupid brother. “You have until 12 to clean your shit up. Good luck.”

He frowns when he sees her picking up her things. “Where are you going?”

“To see how far I can get before dad comes home,” She flashes Astrid a dazzling grin. “Wanna come?”

“Hell yes. I cannot stay with this idiot.” She runs out the door, pulling her friend with her.

Behind them, Max is shrieking, “TAKE ME WITH YOU!”

The two ignore him and speed off, finding the Center easily. “Let’s eat breakfast, first. I’m starving,” Astrid pleads.

“Fine, fine.”

They maneuver their way to the Center’s cafeteria, seeking warm food. After their stomachs are satisfied, they head up to Romeo’s room; 308. It’s not as dark as it was the last time she saw him. The blinds are open, revealing sunlight. His scratches are almost gone, just hints of them here and there. He just seems like he’s sleeping, but she knows better. He’s in a coma.

Juliette’s phone goes off, startling her. She fishes it out of her pocket and mutters a, “Hello?”

“We have major problems.”

“No, you have major problems, Max,” She sighs into the phone. “What is it now?”

“The hose…it’s attacking me.”

“Just leave it alone, Max.”

“I can’t. The water in the whole house is freezing, and I need to take a nice hot shower. So there’s gotta be a way to shut this damn thing off. I mean, how hard can it-SHIT!” Then there’s water spraying sounds, and the phone gets disconnected.

“Huh. That was weird,” Juliette comments.

“What was weird?”

“Max and the hose,” She tells to her friend. “No explanation needed.”

Astrid chuckles, shaking her head. She props her feet up on the chair next to her, playing with her shoelace. “I’m bored.”

“You should’ve brought a magazine or something. You didn’t need to come, you know.”

“I know, but then I can’t do this.” She waggles her eyebrows. “Watch and learn.” She lingers by the doorway, looking for somebody. A cute nurse, probably somewhere around his 20s, walks by her. Before he can get away, though, she taps him on the shoulder. He turns around, a bit confused, then smiles at Astrid. She puts on a flirty face and winks. She uses her hand to motion to a phone and puts it up to her ear. “Hey, I just met you, but call me maybe.”

With that, she quickly slams the door in his face.

The two girls stare at each other in shock for a couple of minutes.

Then break out into laughter.

“What the hell…is wrong with you?” Juliette gasps, a wide grin taking over her face.

She shrugs, smiling also. “I thought of it yesterday.” All of a sudden a scowl appears on her face as she goes into a trance.

Juliette blinks at the sudden change of emotion. “Uh…Astrid?”

The said girl blinks and a sheepish expression covers her features. “Sorry. Noah shot me a message via mind. He was mad because of the call me maybe nurse.”

A pain hits her heart at the mention of mates. “Do you think Romeo will wake up soon?”

Sighing, Astrid shakes her head. “You, girly, need a break from this stress with Romeo. Lets go. Right now.”