16-Being Bitten

16

Are you awake yet?

Groaning, Juliette sits up in bed. Now I am. What do you want, Romeo?

…I don’t know. I’m bored. Can I come over?

No!

Why not?

Because I said so. Leave me alone, I’m going to take a shower.

Ooh, can I join you?

Is there anyway to block you out of my mind?

Nope.

Groaning again, she ignores him and trudges into the bathroom. She comes back out in the purple v-neck dress that Astrid left out for her. It hugs her curves and goes above her knees. I feel so awkward. She starts to put on the makeup Astrid left out for her too. A dab of mascara and red lipstick.

Why?

Because I’m wearing this stupid dress and stupid makeup for your stupid ceremony.

It’s not just a ceremony, it’s your ceremony. To welcome you into the pack. The after party is for you to meet all the wolves.

She doesn’t answer back, just heads downstairs. Max and Eddie are down there, eating breakfast. Max grins up at her. “Morning!”

“Morning,” She mutters back.

“You don’t seem like you’re in a good mood,” He adds, looking her up and down. 

“I’m not. I have to go to Romeo’s stupid ceremony because he taking me into his pack. Hence this damn dress.” She motions to it.

Max grins. “I think you look pretty.”

“Thanks. I still don’t like it, though.” Max chuckles, diving into his bacon and pancakes. She looks over at her brother again. “Do you think you can drive me to Romeo’s house?”

No!

Romeo’s voice is so loud and surprising she almost falls off her chair. Max and Eddie watch her in amusement. …Why?

Because I’ll come pick you up.

Fine. Be here by 9. And next time, don’t scare me half to death with this mind shit.