Doctor (Imagine for yadaschreijer)

Start from the beginning

"It's okay; we can talk at the end okay?"

I nodded and thoroughly cleaned the tools, taking the gloves off and washing my hands.

As I had to, I sat down on the bed and watching him and Luke put gloves on.

"Would it be better if I held your hand?" Luke asked.

"With gloves on?"

"Yes,"

"I'm not sure,"

"Okay, if you get super anxious I will do ,"

"This goes under your shirt," Ashton said, taking the stethoscope and waiting for my nod before he used it. The metal on my skin made me uneasy, but I had to remember I'd cleaned it.

"Good job, I know it's hard but try and keep taking deep breaths. I've got my gloves on, can I really quickly feel your neck,"

"Do you have to?"

"Yeah, it'll be quick I promise,"

Gently, he pressed my neck but I ended up leaning away, closing my eyes and sighing.

"Okay, I'm gonna look at your throat instead. Just a light,"

I opened my mouth and let him look, closing it when he looked back to Michael.

I felt jittery, and my hands couldn't stay still as they all looked over my notes and decided what to do next.

"Perhaps you could stand against this wall to check your height?"

Luke had wiped it clean so I complied, also stepping on the scale but refusing to take my shoes off.

"All seems good, do you think you can get through blood pressure?"

"Can I keep my hoodie on?"

"Of course," he smiled, wrapping it round my arm, "while we wait you could talk to Calum,"

"Why?"

"Don't be so scared," Luke smiled, sitting back down.

"I'm a therapist, and deal with things like this a lot actually. We could talk about this, and that," he said, nodding towards my wrist which was slightly exposed.

"You mean this can go away?"

"It can be managed more, definitely. It's nothing to be ashamed of either,"

"Can you talk to my parents?"

"I'll give them a call, but if you could take a note home too it would be great,"

"It's really hard," I admitted, "and it makes you feel so lonely,"

"Do you isolate yourself?"

I nodded and looked down, feeling Ashton take the thing off my arm.

"It's okay, it tends to happen. Who knows, you could be a party animal afterwards," he joked, "we don't want you feeling like that though, I can help,"

Michael was muttering something to Ashton, Luke sitting next to me.

"Yada, we need to give you a shot to make sure you don't get sick, especially because you don't expose yourself to germs as often and your immune system may not be so used to sickness if you get it. I'll put new gloves on and you can watch me get everything out the packet,"

"I don't want to see the needle," I said quietly, "I don't want a needle,"

Luke gently helped lift the hoodie off my arm, Ashton immediately wiping the area.

"Okay, after this it's over. I know it's super stressful for you but you've done so well today. Hopefully I can see you next time for a checkup. You're all done ,"

"You did it?"

"I know, I'm talented," he laughed, letting me put my hoodie on and grab my bag.

Calum handed me a note and I slipped it in my pocket.

"I'll call or email tonight, so we can figure something out. This is something that can get better, I promise,"

@yadaschreijer