294. Void

I stood there with my heart rapidly pounding in my chest as the sight of her revived the suppressed primal hatred for her. This feeling of crazed ecstasy is the best reminder that I have yet to forgive her for everything that she has done, especially how she had abandoned me and is now living in this extravagant lifestyle. The selfishness on her part fuels me, the idea that her corrupted nature had caused this...it just enrages me. Yet, I am thankful of her, as she was able to revive this primal feeling inside me, this purest of all emotions that will had shaped me into who I am...

"M-Muria," mother began speaking. "Can you go check at the kitchen to see if...the food is ready?" She turned and looked at her stepdaughter with a forced smile.

"S-sure..." Muria responded, sensing that something is amiss right now, but is not able to identify the source of it all.

Of course she couldn't. The only people that knows of this is myself and mother.

"I would like to speak privately to Alevian for a bit," Mother explained with this falsified excuse. "I want to thank him personally."

Muria nodded and made her way towards the entrance. She occasionally glanced back in our direction, but nonetheless, she did as she was asked. Mother and I waited until we heard the sound of the front door close and Muria board the elevator before we resumed our talks. Yet, the tense atmosphere is still present, and it will likely not disappear.

"W-what are you doing here?" Mother, whose name is Alyssa, inquired.

"Wasn't it you the one who invited me here?" I reminded her as I sat back down on the couch, leaning back so as to calm my anticipating body that resulted from the adrenaline pumping through me.

"I..." she sighed. "Alevian, I really do regret—"

"No excuses," I responded coldly. "I'm not going to forgive you. Any chance of that happening ended when you abandoned me."

She remained silent, as it is obvious that I am correct in this situation. I glanced over in her direction, taking in the grim expression on her face, and just the thought of this...discomfort that I am causing her sent a shot of ecstasy through me.

"I see you're doing pretty well," I said, gesturing for her to take a seat, which she did. "This is what you had wanted from the start, huh?"

I glanced over at her, taking in the look of guilt on her face. Yet, I am not satisfied. So what she feels guilt right now? At the end of the day, she still accomplished what she wanted, live in a high society with a lifestyle that is unimaginable and unattainable for me. At the end of the day, she is the winner of all this, and the best that I can do is simply have my momentary sense of victory while she won in life...Yet...I cannot do anything about it.

She is the new wife of one of the most powerful person in the entirety of Vilheim, with her new family seemingly be above the law with their wealth. I am of no match against her. I simply can't do anything to harm her right now without throwing everything away myself. This...this inability to do anything, frustrating as it seems, is the reality of life. She has climbed to a position that is near invincible while I simply meandered about, lingering at where I had started. Even in the end, my mother is teaching me...Teaching me that if I remain stagnant, I will never accomplish what I had set as my goals...

With a sigh, I stood up from the couch. A few minutes has passed since Muria had left, so she should be back soon. There's really no point in me staying for any bit longer.

Slowly, I started walking towards the exit. I could sense that she is trying to avoid eye contact, thus explaining why she refuse to follow me with her gaze as I walked away.