214. Lake View

Since I went to bed later than the others, I was the last one to wake in the camp. When I opened my eyes, no one was in the tent. From outside the tent came the sound of sizzling as something is being cooked. In addition, there was the sound of footsteps as well as eating utensils being set. Slowly from drowsiness, I freed myself from my sleeping bag and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before turning my head in the direction of the tent's exit. It was unzipped, allowing some of the sunlight outside to spray in from the outside world.

I crawled over to my backpack containing a clothing that I had packed for this trip and changed into the navy blue long-sleeve T-shirt and black pants. After putting on socks, I finished wearing my shoes and mobilized over to the exit of the tent and left the enclosure with a toothbrush and toothpaste in my hands and a towel draped over my shoulder. The sun outside was rather bright, hurting my eyes somewhat and forcing me to squint and block out the sunlight with a raised arm.

"Look who's awake?" Erith grinned and said with her hands on her waist when she saw me leave the tent.

"Good morning," Luna smiled and greeted me. With her white hair tied in a knot ponytail, she sat on the grass while wearing a light turquoise dress held up by straps on her shoulders.

"Morning," I yawned as I started walking over to the restroom to brush my teeth.

I glanced over from the corner of my eye and was surprised to see that the smile on her countenance had disappeared. In its place was a rather...mysterious expression. A half-frown almost. However, it was definitely an expression that seemed rather conflicted. Maybe it has something to do with our conversation last night?

 Maybe it has something to do with our conversation last night?

***

The day went on as originally planned out by the others. After eating breakfast, we went on with the plan to hike up the mountain to the summit if permitted by the weather. As of earlier today, the weather was alright and suitable for this hike. Therefore, we all went on this hike. It was a rather peaceful and boring hike, but it was rather refreshing to be able to see the canopy of the forest from where we were and not be surrounded by the titanic skyscrapers in Palisia. However, in the distance, we could see the outline of the Palisia skyline, so I guess we're not truly free from them just yet.

Because hiking had led to sweating, the girls all opted to take a shower and change into fresh clothing, which I do not blame them for.When we finished with the hike, it was rather late. It was too late to eat lunch, and it was too early to eat dinner just yet. Therefore, we just had a quick meal of sandwiches to satisfy our hunger and pushed the time of dinner into later in the day. After eating, we were given free time to roam and do as we pleased until dinner time.

Mura, Muria, and Irina went off down the mountain to where the more tourist attraction sites were. To do what, I do not know since I wasn't in the vicinity when they announced where they were headed. As for the rest of us that remained at our campsite, Noah suggested that we explore off trail of the mountain. Based on his energy level, it was impossible to see his former depressed self that suffered from knowing that he had lost his powers.