211. Making Curry

We finished peeling the carrots and the potatoes, setting them in the metallic bowl container on the counter top. The occasional streaks of water droplets were visible on them as they slowly moved down the length of the vegetables due to gravity. They reflected the lights of the world, making it so that they each contain a mirror of this reality. Even the peeled onions, stripped of their protective outer skin, rested in the container as they are prepared to be transported over to the foldable table near the campsite where the others are setting up the pot and preparing for a fire.

"We're not using a portable stove?" Noah asked as he piled the stone he had found in a circle so as to build a makeshift encirclement for a campfire.

"Now where would the fun be in that?" Mura said as she watched Noah and Zaksus piece together the natural stove. "We already have restrooms and showers here, so we need to at least have some hints of camping on this trip."

"But still," Noah sighed. "It's a hassle to build this."

"This damn rock won't stay still..." Zaksus sighed with frustration as he tried to balance a round rock such that it stood by itself next to the other rocks in a circle.

"Stop with the complaining," Mura said with an amused smile on her face. Then, she looked in my direction as she saw me with the bowl containing the prepared vegetables and seasoning spices. "All done?" she asked Irina and I.

"Yeah," Irina said, pressing her hands together.

My response wasn't as energetic nor enthusiastic as her's. With an apathetic nod, I placed the bowl on the foldable table and took a step back. Loyd had placed two cutting board on the other side of the table and two kitchen knife on the cutting board. It appears that the vegetables will be cut here.

Mura walked over to one of the two cutting boards and picked up the kitchen knife. "Anyone want to help me cut the vegetables?"

"I will," Muria immediately volunteered, making her way over before anyone else could. She also picked up the kitchen knife that rested on her cutting board.

"Thanks," Mura smiled as she grabbed a peeled onion from the container and handed it to her sister before taking one herself. "We'll need to get the onion in the pot first. Can you boys start the fire?"

"Us?" Noah whined and complained.

He was sitting on the ground, arms locked as they supported him up while he leaned back. He appeared to be resting from his earlier task of setting up the stove. Standing next to him was Zaksus, and nearby, there was Loyd.

"Yeah," Mura nodded her head.

"What about them?" Noah looked over at Erith, Luna, and Alvelyn, all three girls who were simply standing around after finished populating each tent with the correct number of sleeping bags.

"Alvelyn is cooking the curry," Mura explained. "Erith and Luna will be helping her."

"What?" Noah whined as he looked up at the sky.

"We'll help you start the fire," Erith sighed. "Is that better now?"

"I guess," Noah sighed as he forced himself up from the ground. "Zaksus, go grab the lighter."

"Me?" Zaksus whined in a voice that seemed to be filled with surprise and doubt.

"Yeah you," Noah nodded as he pointed over at him. "You're the youngest."

"How's that an excuse?" Zaksus muttered to himself quietly, something that I often see in his interactions with Noah. "Fine..."

"You know where it is?" Loyd asked as he started walking with Zaksus over to the car. "I'll help look for it."