239. Lazy Day Pt.1

I opened my eyes and took in the familiar ceiling that I feel as if I had not seen in ages. I blinked a few times, allowing my drowsy brain to process my surroundings before I turned my head and looked over at the charging stand that my phone was standing on and displaying the time, which is 11:21 AM. With a tired sigh, I slowly allowed myself to raise from my bed, stumbling somewhat as I did not pay attention to the fact that I had a cast on my right arm still.

I yawned as I finally sat up, looking over at the curtains that shielded the light from the city from entering my room, causing the room to remain dark despite the time rapidly approaching noon. Slowly, I got up from my bed and walked over to the curtains, pulling it to the side and revealing the sliding glass door that was the barrier between the balcony outside and my room. The brightness of the day stung my eyes somewhat, causing me to squint and bring my left arm before my face to shield the light from my eyes. However, it wasn't long until my eyes adjusted to the light and I can admire the beautiful blue sky outside.

I unlocked the sliding glass door and slid it open before walking outside. The temperature was quite warm as it was nearing noon, but it was a bit cold since it was quite windy this high up. However, I didn't quite mind the gentle wind as I leaned against the reinforced glass railings and allowed the breeze to caress my face, moving my hair. I took in the beautiful view of the Helliger River, seeing how the sun's reflection sparkled on its surface and then looking over at across the river at the skyscrapers of Nocsinis. I don't know why, but seeing the blue sky and its few clouds being reflected in the windows of those skyscrapers in this beautiful Spring day was extremely calming to my mind.

After standing on the balcony and enjoying the wind and view for a bit longer, I reentered my room, sliding the glass door close behind me as I grabbed my phone from the charging stand on my night table and made my way over to the exit that led out to the hallway outside. The hallway was rather quiet, and there were no signs of life at the moment in the living room or kitchen.

Did Loriana leave the house earlier? I asked myself as I wandered into the bathroom to brush my teeth. 

She was probably asked out by Cheral and Yerith, her coworkers from the university she teaches and does research at. It must be because Alvelyn is part of the family in this timeline, because Loriana would never leave me alone at home if I were recovering from an injury like the one I have. But...where is Alvelyn? I guess she is in her room, but whatever.

I suppose the others probably wanted me to rest, hence explaining why no one bothered to wake me up earlier in the morning for breakfast. I don't suppose there will be anything that is hot and ready for consumption waiting for me, but there will probably be something. It's not like Loriana to simply ignore me, so there will be something in the kitchen waiting for me.

After I finished with my morning routine in the bathroom, I walked lazily over to the kitchen, taking my time as I made my way down the length of the short hallway and arriving at the open living room and dining area with the open-counter style kitchen. The curtains of the sliding glass doors that led to the balcony by the living room as well as all the other windows in the area were tied to the side in a neatly fashion, thus allowing the bountiful sunlight to soak in from the world outside and provided the otherwise fashionable living room with a touch of natural light.

I turned on the television using the controller app on my phone for background noise before I continued with my pilgrimage to find breakfast. Like I had expected, there was something out for me. On the dining table, there was a plate containing a sandwich that is covered with saran wrap. I walked over to the living room, opening the refrigerator door, and grabbed the carton of milk from it. After pouring milk into my cup, I replaced the milk carton back into the refrigerator and walked with the sandwich over to the living room where I sat down on the couch to enjoy the food while watching television.