284. Palace of Visitant

My day after the morning meal continued as if nothing special had occurred. Nothing truly is special in the Palace, as any potential conflicts between the different concubine factions is the norm. Yet, since I am the one seen to be the most harmless, I am rarely targeted. Thus, no matter how chaotic the situation may seem underneath the tranquil air of the Inner Court, the air around me are truly tranquil.

After spending some time listening to the lectures of my personal tutor, I took the valuable time I have between the morning lessons and lunch time to enjoy myself. Although Mura would like to accompany me, I dismissed her for the time being as I want her to have some time to herself. If I remembered correctly, she has a younger sister, so I believe she would like some time to compose a letter to her if possible. Therefore, I ventured off in the Inner Court without my entourage, as I am not in fear of any potential attacks as it is currently daytime and any concubines who would plot an assassination would not do so in such a direct manner. They would all scheme for it to be made appear to be an accident as killing the child of the emperor is a serious crime and would likely result in the most in depth and thorough investigation by the Emperor's Blades.

However, I still stuck in the area that is in proximity to my own personal quarters. The Inner Court is split into many unofficial territories that are not marked but are abide by mentally. Each concubine's faction control the area surrounding their palace, so it is best if I do not venture into their territories. As for me, I basically lack in any territorial influence. The only reasons why I am able to leave my quarters at all are because to the west of the Palace of Light is the Palace of Visitant, the place where special quests are allowed to stay in, and the only other neighboring territory aside from the neutral paths are controlled by Empress Ervinda. But...I try not to venture into her realm of influence as much as possible, just in case the other factions believe that I have chosen to side with her. That would only bring trouble to myself and Empress Ervinda...

To pass time, I decided to visit the garden located in the Palace of Visitant. That is a place that I often visit to play in as that area isn't under anyone's influence. Therefore, it is a truly neutral spot that I can play in.

I approached the small gate that lead to the Palace of Visitant, passing by occasional parades of servants passing by, and greeting the usual guards who have become quite familiar with me and allowed me through. Even if the guards are new, upon seeing my silk robe with the insignia of Vilheim embroidered upon it would immediately reveal to them my status and cause them to allow me passage.

When I arrived at the tranquil garden within the courtyard of the Palace of Visitant, I took a deep breath and took in the scent of the flora surrounding me. I walked on the small stone arch bridge, gazing at the lotus flowers in the small artificial pond and listened to the soft sound of water being delivered into this pond through the decorative waterfall. All the scenery in this garden, from the intricately planned flowers, bamboo, and trees to the rocks in the rock garden and also to the birds chirping, are all intentionally designed such as to promote a sense of serenity. These gardens are all sanctuaries within the Palace.

To be honest, I can find myself staying here for the entire day if possible. There really isn't much else to do in the Palace, as things are usually restricted for me out of concern for my safety. And I am still too young to accompany Father out on his hunting trips, so whenever that does happen, I usually just watch from the windows of my quarters in jealousy as Loyd and Luna walk with Father's entourage towards the exits of the Grand Palace with their mass supply of Emperor's Blade guards, leaving behind myself and Erith only. But even then, Erith has no interest in playing with me, so I am usually stuck doing things on my own.

Mura would occasionally try and help keep me entertained, but...it is still rather difficult. I would say the funnest thing that she had showed me was flying a kite, but rarely were there enough wind for us to fly one in the confined walls of the Inner Court. Therefore, there really isn't much entertainment in the Palace, so I often have to develop my own. Although I occasionally draw in my room, but I often do not feel like doing so after listening to the lectures provided by my tutor. Therefore, when I am not in the mood to do that, I choose to come here and play in the garden.