278. Light

We arrived at around the same time as the others arrived. Everyone was dressed in comfortable looking clothing, with Irina putting in some extra effort to disguise herself. Wearing a pair of sunglasses and a white face mask, she concealed her identifying features of her face. Although I wondered if she will be uncomfortable in this weather dressed like that, but I suppose that is something she has to do due to her status.

After meeting up with the others at the front gates of Destinyland, we approached the gates. Upon scanning my gaze over at the numerous opened entrances, I took in the long lines and crowds of people, all awaiting their turn to pass through the security. Although it was rather early in the day, there were still a lot of people. However, this was the norm for this theme park. The sight of the many security guards on post and surveying the crowd just in case of an unsuspected accident and the tight security check were all simply additional measures at ensuring the safety of their customers.

Since the nine of us had the VIP pass, we were able to skip the longer lines. There was one gate out of the many that was reserved for VIP customers only, and is thus rather empty when compared to the other lines. In fact, we didn't even have to wait long for everyone to pass through, with it taking at most probably five minutes for the nine of us to go through.

"Finally!" Zaksus exclaimed as he stretched his arms and took in the smell of the food that was being prepared in the restaurants and hearing the sound of roller coasters running on the tracks that was accompanied by the screams of riders.

"That was surprisingly fast," Loyd commented.

"Damn VIP pass," Noah answered. "Rich people get special treatment."

"I think it's because they paid for that treatment," Luna said.

I followed near the end of the group as the others up front debated on what ride we should go on first. To be honest, the sole purpose of this trip isn't to enjoy myself. Rather, what I am after is an opportunity to speak to Muria alone.

I glanced over at the girl, taking in her emotionless expression as she walked beside Irina with Alvelyn also walking alongside them. 

The more important part of my day today is to get a chance to speak with her alone. I had never thought that it would be a difficult task, but...the past few days have proved to me otherwise. It was those few days that revealed to me how...distant I am still from her. Our methods of interactions, although slightly changed, has not become so that me asking her to speak alone would cause her to feel comfortable, or at least that is what I believed in. But whatever the case may be, I must seize every opportunity available and seek out or create an opportunity in which we are alone.

But...things didn't really go as planned.

I rested my face against my arms as I let out a sigh of fatigue while I sat at a open dining table in the shade so that the others can get the food and return to a table where we can all use to eat for lunch. Things have not really gone as I had anticipated, although I really do not know what I was anticipating. But...what we had been doing for the morning were simply...taking pictures, walk around, and ride a roller coaster here and there. All these events...were done in groups. And when miraculously Muria and I were alone together, that moment quickly vanished after a few seconds.

"You look like you're depressed," Erith commented. She was also sitting down with me while the others would bring back food for the two of us.

I had hoped that Muria would be the one who would remain, so at least I will have whatever minutes of time to speak with her. But...it was Erith who ultimately was chosen to stay behind and keep the table.

"Nothing," I responded in a sluggish manner. "Just tired."

"Don't tell me you're feeling sick from the roller coasters," she creased her brows somewhat.