240. Lazy Day Pt. 2

[Alvelyn's Perspective]

Waking up in the morning, I yawned as I turned over onto my side, keeping my eyes closed as I slowly drift back into reality from the land of dreams. After a minute or so, I opened my eyes slowly, yawning as I reached over to my bedside table for my phone that stood on the charging stand. I checked the time, confirming that it was 8:23 AM, and navigated to the messages that I had received from Elise yesterday morning. She said that she will be coming by at 10 AM, so I have some time to prepare and make sure that my room is in order.

I got up from bed and fixed the bed covers so that it rested in an orderly and neat fashion on my bed with its edges draping off the side slightly. I looked over at my wardrobe, thinking whether or not I should change, but I wasn't really feeling it. What I was wearing, this comfortable T-shirt and grey sweatpants, should suffice for now.

I left my room and walked past Alevian's room to reach the bathroom. Judging by the fact that there were silence in the direction of his room, I suppose my male counterpart must still be asleep. Either that or he's just laying on his bed while on his phone. There's really no telling, but I shouldn't disturb him. His body needs the rest to recover.

After finishing with my morning routine in the bathroom, I made my way down the short hallway and into the living room. The large television was on, and was currently playing commercials in breaks between the show. I looked over towards the kitchen, and there, I saw Loriana in the kitchen as she inserted slices of bread into the toaster.

"Good morning," I greeted her as I walked over to help her.

"Morning," Loriana smiled in response. "You can go sit down."

Seeing that insistent look on her face, I followed her command. There were no sense of ingenuity or any concealed message in her words. She meant what she said. Loriana's not the type of person who would say formalities to us.

I walked over to the high bar chairs located at the outside edge of the kitchen counter, sitting down and simply looking at her beautiful figure as she moved. As a female, she is the type of woman that I strive to become. Her mature, strong, and caring demeanor combined with a perfect and beautiful figure...she is the perfect woman.

"Alvelyn," Loriana said to me as she set down the plate containing a sandwich before me and turned to pour me a cup of milk. "I'll be heading out at 9:30."

"Alright," I nodded and accepted the cup from her.

I had already told her about Elise's visit and had secured her approval. So, Loriana leaving the house to attend to her own social affairs just goes to show the extent of trust she has in me. But, this trust is to be expected from this woman who had cared for me since I was young. Although judging from Alevian's reaction when I first saw him, this world that we are in, it is one that is shared between him and I. Therefore, my history is intertwined with his, so Loriana to me is just as important as Loriana to him.

"Your friend will be coming over at around ten right?" Loriana asked as she sat down in the counter seat next to me.

"Yeah," I nodded and said in between bites of food.

"That's good to hear," she faintly smiled and chuckled. "Both you and Alevian had changed quite a bit."

To her, we were the introverted and silent twins that she took in after the death of our father. In her eyes, the only person that we have is each other, hence the belief that we isolate ourselves from others and lack friends. Even though it was more because of our nature that led to this isolation, it must've been extremely worrying to a young, single women who has to take care of her step niece and nephew. Yet...because of the Socialization app...our life has changed and many people entered into our lives. Things had changed...