209. Camping

The soft humming and gentle vibration of the automobile gradually stirred me, causing my eyes to twitch somewhat as I forced them open. What my eyes saw was a plethora of trees that lined and ranged out on the otherside of the guard rails on this paved mountain road. My neck was sore from my leaning it against the window of the car, and the side of my mouth was somewhat wet from my drooling somewhat in my sleep. Slowly, I yawned and tried to stretch my arms. However, that only resulted in me accidentally bumping into Noah, who was sitting beside me in the car. 

"Watch it," he said in a somewhat annoyed voice. He's been like that ever since a few weeks ago he's been notified that he no longer has access to his divine powers.

"Sorry," I yawned once again.

I stared out the windshield through the seats before me in this cramped ten seater vehicle that the club had rented out for the Spring break camping trip. This trip was basically all but decided during the brief period of time that Emilia had called us out of the club room to notify us of the beginning of Noah's test. When we returned we only made it in time to hear the decision being made.

The trip is to last for two days, starting the first Saturday of Spring break and concluding on Monday. It's a short and brief trip, nothing too special or anything like that, and because of this, I'm actually okay with it. If this trip was any longer than this, then I might not be in the best of moods coming in.

I surveyed the vehicle, taking in everyone that was present. Basically everyone in the club is going except for Emilia, who excused herself from the trip for personal reasons. I asked Noah about it, but it would appear that Emilia had kept it a secret to Noah as well, which further added to his dissatisfaction. I can imagine what he's feeling. He went from being an immoral angel that have all sorts of powers to someone bounded by the laws of the world, a mere mortal. If that was me, I would probably be irritated as well. However, he'll probably snap out of it soon. It's not like he usually uses his powers for anything anyways. Life shouldn't be that different for him.

"The predictions for the weather over this weekend on Granvera Mountain is around a comfortable 25 Celcius, so no too hot, and not too cold. Those that're out camping are in for a treat this weekend," the weatcher announcer in the small, television that stretched down from the roof of the vehicle said. "But be prepared for sudden changes in weather. Weather on the mountains are never truly predictable and can change at anytime."

"Heard that?" Mura said without taking her eyes off the road. "I hope you all brought emergency clothing just in case the weather goes bad."

"Don't worry," Luna responded in a joyful mood. "We remembered."

"Shit," I heard Zaksus mutter under his breath.

"What?" An amused smile broke out on Noah's face as he looked to his right at Zaksus, making it so that the look of annoyance on his face earlier seemed almost as if an illusion that was never true in the first place. "You didn't bring something?"

"Yeah," Zaksus sighed. "I only brought a hoodie."

"It won't be that bad," Noah started laughing as he patted Zaksus's back. "You got your muscles to keep out the cold, right?"

"I don't think that's how it works," Loyd weakly laughed in an amused matter.

I ignored their quiet banter and kept my eyes trained on the television to entertain myself. I'm not much in the mood for talking right now, as I am rather tired. We were required gather at the school at around 6:30 AM, so I had to wake up earlier than usual. Because of that, I fell asleep on the car, and even now, with the time being 10:49 AM, I am still rather tired. How do I know the time? It's written in the bottom right corner of the television screen.