276. I Need an Opportunity

The next day, my morning routine was still the same as before, commuting to school and wasting the day away by sitting in my seat and waiting for the class to be over. During the school day, I tried to look for an opportunity to speak with Muria about this issue she has with her stepmother, but there really wasn't an opportunity as...we never seemed to be able to get some time to ourselves. Since this is a rather personal topic, this opportunity that I am after is one where it is just the two of us, but...it would appear that in my daily life, that opportunity is close to impossible to achieve. We...we simply don't interact at that level.

I tried to have Alvelyn help me, but...if I don't know how to do it, then why would she know? Therefore...we are at a stalemate. I do not know how to approach this situation, and...the time limit is slowly approaching. With each passing second, I experienced an increase in my marginal stress, a feeling that I would describe as not the best. To be fair, it is somewhat tormenting to know that each day that goes by is...wasted. But...I really can't do anything different. It is this...fear within myself...

Friday after school, while we were sitting around in the club room, I leaned back against my chair as I struggled to think of a way in order to acquire around ten minutes of time that I will be able to spend alone with Muria. But getting her to be willing to spend that ten minutes with me alone is the difficult part. Although I can try during the morning while waiting for and riding the elevator, I doubt that she will feel comfortable speaking about that issue with Alvelyn present. Maybe I should have Alvelyn talk to her, but the thing is...I am not sure if her speaking will have a greater effect than me.

I would see Alvelyn has become rather good friends with Muria, but because of her status as Muria's good friend, that is why I doubt Muria would listen or even want to speak about such a topic. Something like this can only be spoken to someone who is not that close and yet not an unfamiliar acquaintance. Someone...someone kinda like me. I wouldn't say that I am her close friend and I am maybe not an unfamiliar acquaintance to her, or at least I hope I am not.

I let out a defeated sigh and decided to survey the club room and look at the others to see if I can acquire any inspiration of sorts from them. I listened in on their conversations, and judging by what I've heard, it would appear that everyone is talking about preparing for the college entrance exams that is coming up in less than a month.

"We should have study sessions again," Irina suggested. "I heard that it's a rather difficult test."

"If Noah was able to pass last year's final exam because of the study sessions, then they must work," Zaksus commented in an easy and relaxed manner.

Although the others are struggling with the upcoming entrance exams, Zaksus does not have to worry about that at all as he will definitely be going straight to the professional basketball league after high school, thus eliminating his need to attend college as he will earn more money than the average person in one year of his professional contract.

Another person that I would think do not have to stress about the entrance exam is Irina. As a famous celebrity, she already has enough money for her to live comfortably for the rest of her life. Yet, she is still trying to succeed the normal way. I am not surprised by this, however, as that is simply her character. She wants to have the normal experience.

"Why did you have to say that," Noah sighed and shook his head.

"I feel like you do need the study session though," Loyd commented.

"I know," Noah leaned back against his chair and sighed once again. "Damn this is stressful. Are we beginning this weekend?"

"Hey!" Irina's face suddenly lit up as she stood up from her seat. "How about we have some fun this weekend and officially begin next week?" She looked around at everyone with her blue eyes. "We don't have much homework for our classes, so we'll be able to study during the weekdays. Why don't we have some fun this weekend then?"