Dentist (imagine for BrxannaLucxa)

Start from the beginning

There was no was I was going down to the office, and there was no way a needle was being put in my mouth. I knew I'd left it too long, and it was embarrassing.

The door swung open and Calum stood there, his face softening as he called the others.

"Bri," he mumbled, "come here,"

"Please take me home,"

"You're old enough to know now that you need to get this checked out. We'll all stay beside you,"

Gently, he pulled me out the wardrobe and to his chest, quietening me down while the others looked at me sadly.

Luke and Sierra took my hands, Calum resting his hand on my back as we walked to the bottom of the garden. It was quite tucked away, and I guess if you didn't have a fear, it would be a nice dentist to visit.

Thankfully, Michael and Ash hasn't put gloves or masks on yet, and the white coat covered most their scrubs.

It was a nicely decorated office as well, and it did help me calm down a little.

"Ok, Bri, can you sit down for me? Do you want everyone to stay in here?"

"No, and yes,"

"Come on, what if I move all the tools -but the two I need- away?"

I gave in, covering my face with my hands as the chair went down. This would be humiliating, and painful, which made me feel sick.

Everything was overwhelming me: the smell, Michael typing, the blinding light and the chair moving down. Ash had put gloves on and Calum was rubbing small circles on my hand.

It was harder and harder to breathe properly, and as Ashton moved closer to me, I whimpered and started to cry.

"I didn't know you were this scared," he said quietly.

"I don't like the needles,"

"Who said I was gonna use one of them?"

"It hurts too much for you to not need a needle,"

"Well, even if we do use one, it won't hurt that much. Some of my patients hardly even feel it,"

Michael shushed me, promising they were very well practiced.

"They are," Sierra agreed, "I was like a practice doll,"

"Did they ever hurt you?"

"No, and I know you're brave enough for this,"

Calum kissed my hand before Ashton brought the light back over. He nudged my chin so I opened up, calling out a bunch of numbers to Michael.

My breathing hitched as he went back to my tooth, applying pressure which caused me to groan.

"How long?" he said calmly, meaning he wasn't calm at all.

"I'm sorry,"

"How long Brianna, I'm not gonna hurt you,"

"A few weeks now,"

"Right," he mumbled, immediately sticking a cotton bud in my mouth. Michael sighed and rolled over, the two of them preparing things where I couldn't see.

I started to freak out a little, Luke having to push me back down on the chair and Calum holding my hands to my stomach.

"It's ok, it's all ok," he soothed, "let this be a lesson to not hide these things yeah?"

I nodded, the two dentists rolling back to my side.

"I seems impossible, I know, but I'm gonna lower the chair a little more and position your head to where I want it,"

I hummed and waited as Michael removed the cotton. It went down even further and Ash gently moved my head.

"Ok, nice deep breaths for me. I want you to count down from ten in your head, or tap Calum's hand ten times,"

"No," I tried to say, his finger already holding my mouth open.

"Close your eyes, it makes it easier,"

I took a deep breath as the needle went in, only getting to five before I closed my eyes, a tear slipping down. When I got to one, it was still in there so I groaned, Calum squeezing my hand.

"The worst parts over," Ashton congratulated, cleaning up while we waited for it to work.

Once it had, I reluctantly let him drill it while the other three kept me calm.

Getting out the chair was a relief, and I let Sierra pull me into a hug. It all made me feel childish, but it had always been a fear.

"See, we'd never hurt you," Michael smiled "we're literally your best friends, even if you hate us sometimes,"

**

@Brxannalucxa