chapter 46

the girls picked up their suitcases and looked around the room for the last time. it hadn't properly hit them just yet that they wouldn't ever come back... as students that is. they walked down to were the boys were waiting before going to the carriages.

as they were getting onto the train and they looked back at the building they had called home for the past who knows how many years.

they would never be students there again.

they would never sleep in their dorms.

they would never go to the kitchens.

they would never get caught sneaking out at night.

and they were about to fight in a war.

that was enough to brake each of the girls into fits of tears as they sat in their usual compartment. each boy comforted their girlfriend while Peter looked at Halle and Ian with a mixture of jealousy and love. they love was obviously for Halle!

April eventually fell asleep in Sirius's arms and Alice fell asleep with her head buried into Frank's chest. Lily leaned on James, Halle and Ian were talking and em and remus were looking through photographs.

as the train pulled up at the station they all gathered their things. Lily went to meet her parents who hugged her and smiled joyously. they told her about petunias wedding and said they were sorry she was ill and missed it. however they were most displeased when they found out that she had not even been invited.

April and Sirius apperated to their new flat that Sirius had brought just before they went back to Hogwarts. April finally gathered the courage to enter her destroyed home that housed her belongings. she was surprised to see blood everywhere and got out as quickly as she could after grabbing her and remus's things not wanting him to see what she wished she could un see.

em and remus apperated to their new apartment that ems dad had brought for the couple. it was pre decorated and held everything they needed. they unpacked and em made dinner while remus went to get something from his sister before returning and putting it all away. they sat down to a quiet meal and went to bed.

Halle and James returned to the potter mansion and smiled sadly at the lonely house. they walked through the door only to be tackled by an ecstatic Minnie who had made them endless amounts of food which they happily excepted.

Alice ran into her parents awaiting arms after splitting ways with Frank who ran to his tearful mother. they apperated home to be offered with gifts and food from Christy, and her parents.

Ian went off to his parents after saying good bye to Halle. he went straight out to the shop and brought the perfect ring.

Peter like the rat he is returned to voldemort who congratulated him on getting the girls and then crucioed him on letting them go. after all he was the Gryffindor rat.