chapter 22

"Oh mum I love you. please wake up soon. em and remus are waiting outside for me. they want me to sleep in a proper bed." April sighed and looked to her mother

silence

that's all that could be heard.

her mother who once seemed full of life

full of happiness

full of knowledge

she had been silenced by the death eaters.

"well maybe I should go to bed. goodbye" she said kissing her mother's forehead.

the muggle monitor next to her mother began to beep. her mother was deteriorating, slipping from grasp.

"no, no. mummy, I didn't mean bye forever. wake up. please wake up."April screamed as remus and em ran into the room.

"out of my way" a healer said running to her mother but it was too late.

"no no. she's not, she can't be. no. no. no. not dead" remus whispered in horror. he sat, a blank look on his face. em disappeared after seeing April.

April sat huddled in the corner rocking her self. sobbing and screaming and whispering no. she couldn't believe it and now her heart was broke in two.

em brought Halle, Lily, Alice, Sirius and James.they couldn't find Peter anywhere. they looked at the pale figure of Mrs lupin, then her children.

the girls ran to April, bringing her into a close hug. nobody talked, they didn't want or need to. just sit there.

with each other

together

the boys sat with remus, it was all silence. peaceful silence. for April and remus happiness seemed to be sucked out of them.depression lay in its place instead.

"it's my fault" April whispered her voice horse

"how?" they asked.

"I said goodbye" she wailed

"it's not your fault. maybe she was ready and stayed with you for one more visit before leaving" Lily told her.

they escorted the lupin twins back to Hogwarts. down the duly lit abandon corridors and to bed.

to April

she was gone

she had taken her love

she had taken her joy

her happiness and positivity

and she had taken part of the twins with her

to remus

he had April

his friends

his em

his popularity

but not his mum