chapter 42

they all sat in the exam hall. at the same time their pens were dropped on the desk. they each lent back, out their feet on the desk and looked around. April, Lily, Alice, em and halles eyes met at the same time and they grinned. they looked at the clock in front of them.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

their last exam was over. they all sighed a breath of relief before all standing and leaving the hall. Sirius, Ian, Frank, remus and James slung their arms over their girl friends shoulders while Peter trailed behind looking murderously at Ian.

"how do you think it went?" Lily asked

"I think I'm going to be a healer" April chuckled.

"were all going to get the jobs we want." em sighed happily.

"well that's it" Alice sniffed

"what's wrong?" Halle asked sympathetically.

"were growing up. we have basically just finished our time at Hogwarts and were going to get jobs, join the war and April getting married" Alice sobbed

"but Alice look on the bright side, we'll always be together as friends, remember the necklaces and the code. that's not just some silly kid thing" em said.

"always, forever, best friends stick together, thick and thin, lost our win, always and forever we shall stick together" the maurettes recited.

"it's the truth" Halle said as they all sat under the tree next to the black lake.

"we'll always be best friends" April said bringing the maurettes and the boys into a death group she called a hug.

"can't breathe April" remus panted

"sorry" she said sheepishly

"it's okay. well girls the next thing to look forward to is our end of year dance!" Lily said

"what's the theme?" em asked

"can't tell." Halle said

"it will be revealed on Friday, just remember to dress fancy" Alice reminded before skipping off.

"wait we have to pick the songs for graduation" April yelled chasing after her with the maurettes in tow.

"they are crazy girls" Ian said

"yeah but their our crazy girls!" Sirius said.

"what did they mean by songs?" Frank asked.

"there band is playing at the graduation ceremony." remus told them

"you know everything, how does he know everything?" James marvelled

"em told me, as did they all, I listen and your an idiot" remus

"thanks" James grinned

"prongs mate, it wasn't a compliment" Sirius said uncertainty.

"aww padfoot you flatter me" James said.

"what's wrong with him" Frank asked

"it's James, he does this" remus sighed

"he's an idiot" Sirius grinned