chapter 35

it was Halloween and two weeks since the conversation in the forest. all the girls were very jumpy but had mostly lightened up, but they still wouldn't tell the boys just in case it was one of them.

ems dad had been in touch with her and he was officially divorced with her mother though he insisted she stayed with Alice just incase. Alice loved this because em was the sister she'd never had.

classes were long and boring until defence against the dark Arts. they liked this class because it was one where you could get away with shooting spells and the slytherins, especially snape. the girls had also mastered non-verbal spells so no one could put blame onto them.

"today we will be learning to cast the patronaus charm. to do this you need to pick your happiest memories and rid your head of anything else. focus on this and cast the incantation, expecto patronum. have a go"

halles turned straight into a house and trotted around the class room.

"good job miss potter"

lily took five minutes before hers became a doe. she blushed illuminusly when it met james's stag.

aprils dog shot out and met sirius's. everyone watched the dogs play together.

Alices eagle sored above everyone else in the room.

ems wolf immediately met remus's and the wolves looked in amusement at the other patronaus's.

_____________

it was the Halloween feast the hall was decorated with pumpkins and candles. the feast was full of streets but none of the girls took a single thing.

"you alright april? " remus asked

"sure I'm fine" she lied and she knew that he knew that she was lying.

they all assumed tonight would be the night. Halloween was the perfect time to do it when everyone else was too distracted to realise. any screams could be played off by saying it was a freaky thing or a prank. no body paid much attention

after the feast the girls stayed together always with the boys. they slept in the gryffindor common room where there were people around them. one by one they all fell into a deep doze.

april woke to coldness and voices. "ah I see he brought them" a could voice echoed. april looked to see the other girls, lily was awake too but the others were still asleep.

"yes. he did."

"when?"

"last week" oh boy everyone will be worried out of their minds.

"ah, how did he do it

"slipped a potion into their drinks" argh, they should have been more careful.

"ah, where is the rat I want to congratulate him"

"he went back. couldn't risk the girls seeing him or being away for too late long"

"well it looks like the gryffindor rat has proved himself worthy. he will be a handy spy"

that's it

it had happened

they were with voldemort