chapter 45

beep beep beep beep

"shut that bloody thing off." Halle moaned into her pillow

"no chance of that" Lily and em choursed wide awake standing in the middle of the room.

"what time is it?" Alice said opening one eye before pulling the covers over her.

"4 am" they choursed again. those girls would get up even if they had to use force.

"why? why this early?" April said sitting up. once being woken she found it hard to go back to sleep.

"it's graduation" they sang causing the other three girls to simutainusly jump out of bed.

once they were showered and changed em did their hair and Lily did their make up. em wore a purple floral dress that buttoned up at the front all the way under her neck. Lily wore a pale blue dress with spots that buttoned the same way as ems. April wore a see through red flowy shirt with a black tank top under and a skater skirt with the shirt tucked in. Halle wore a pair of dark washed jeans and a pink t-shirt with embroidered gold flowers. Alice wore a peach coloured three quarter length sleeved dress that was embroidered with black butterflies.

they then put on the robes and their caps while Alice got her camera to take pictures of them. by the time they were done it was nearly 7 and being the organizers of the graduation ceremony the girls had to be on the grounds at 8 so they put on there matching black heeled lace up ankle boots and went to the great hall to eat.

once on the grounds they met up with izzy plot, Marlene MacKinnon, dorcas meddowes and Mary McDonald.

"okay so I think everything's set up, we just need to check the schedule." Lily said. when they were all set up Lily made her way to the platform while the other girls sat where the crowd would be.

Dumbledore soon made his way up to the platform as parents, teachers and student's took their seats. "welcome. parents. teachers. students. today we are all together to not just celebrate achievements but say goodbye to friends. myself and the rest of the staff shall miss you all but we wish you good luck. now we have Lily Evans making her speech as our head girl."

Lily made her way to the front. "this year has been rewarding and very strange. but that's what makes Hogwarts, Hogwarts. and that is how I will remember it. not once since I have been at Hogwarts have I wanted to leave. that's because of all the experiences I have had here that I wouldn't have had anywhere else, ever! I will really miss this place and I'm sure all of you will too. James potter with now give his speech as head boy"

James passed Lily on her way to sit down and he gave her a reassuring smile. "Hogwarts has always been my home, my sanctuary. through out the years I have pranked while maintaining my good grades and I know if my parents were here they would be sitting there with you lot watching me and my sister graduate and be proud. we have all outgrown education now and are heading out into the world, we are going to make something of our selves. good luck"

"we now, before we give the diplomas, have a band who started this year and would like to perform for you for the last time" dumbldore said and the girls got up onto the stage.

"Hey, hey, hey ,hey

Ohhh...

Won't you come see about me?

I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby" Halle started

"Tell me your troubles and doubts

Giving me everything inside and out and

Love's strange so real in the dark

Think of the tender things that we were working on" April sang

"Slow change may pull us apart

When the light gets into your heart, baby

Don't You Forget About Me

Don't Don't Don't Don't

Don't You Forget About Me" Lily sung

"Will you stand above me?

Look my way, never love me

Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling

Down, down, down" em sang

"Will you recognise me?

Call my name or walk on by

Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling

Down, down, down, down" Alice sang

"Hey, hey, hey, hey

Ohhhh.....

Don't you try to pretend

It's my feeling we'll win in the end

I won't harm you or touch your defenses

Vanity and security" Halle sang

"Don't you forget about me

I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby

Going to take you apart

I'll put us back together at heart, baby" Lily sang

"Don't You Forget About Me

Don't Don't Don't Don't

Don't You Forget About Me" April sang

"As you walk on by

Will you call my name?

As you walk on by

Will you call my name?

When you walk away" em sang

"Or will you walk away?

Will you walk on by?

Come on - call my name

Will you call my name?

I say:

La la la..." Alice sang

the crowd erupted with applause and the girls made their way to their seats ready for the rest of the ceremony.

after the ceremony the girls took off their robes and hats and left them with their diplomas in their dorms before joining the rest of the party.

"emille" a voice called making her spin around.

"daddy." em cried hugging him. "how'd you get here?"

"Alice's parents brought me. I had to see my baby girl graduate" he said.

---------

at the end of the day they all sat outside by the black lake. James, Sirius and remus were at that moment setting something up with April and em shouting inappropriate comments at them when they bent over.

finally it was set up and they all watched as fireworks blew up scattering the sky with colour. they watched in science and as it died down they made their way to spend their last night at Hogwarts.

in the dorm Alice pulled out five books and passed one to each of the 4 girls leaving one for herself.

"what are these?" Lily asked looking at the group picture and her name in swirly green letters on the front.

"these are books I've been making this year. starting with our Hogwarts letters, then pictures in diagon ally, outside the train, our dance and other times, anything important and finally a space for your diploma." Alice told them as they all flicked through.

"thank you" they cried wrapping her in a hug.