chapter 32

april stood In the changing room looking round at her team from the captains view. this was their first match of the season and she hoped to good that she would get to hold that cup as part of her last year.

James was yet again a chaser along with last year's two. halle was chaser, sirius was a beater and April was keeper. the only adjustment was the left over beater spot had gone to Marlene makinton. she was a fellow gryffindor 7th year and really nice. she got along with everyone on the team and was easy to make friends with.

"okay everyone. we can do this. it's the first game of the season and we want to make it count. we can all do this, the nerves will be thrown into the wind and everyone will play to your all. I know you will. just remember that you can do this and go out there and have fun" april encouraged.

"and here comes the slytherin team. same as last year. black, goyle, crabbe, parkinson, Reynolds and new additions malfoy and zambini." ems voice echoed throughout the stands.

"and here come the gryffindors. potter, potter, stride, keens, black, makinton and captain lupin" em told everyone.

the team rose up while april and regulas black shook hands, seemingly trying to break the others hand. "i want a nice clean game" madame hooch demanded before allowing them to get onto position in the air and blowing the whistle.

april blocked three slytherin attacks. James scored 6 times, the other two got 3 each on. sirius knocked a slytherin off his broom (his brother and he fell two inches from the ground) and broke another's arm. marline hit a bludger at a chaser trying to jinx april. halle caught the snitch after half an hour.

the party in the common room was big but the girls were all in lilys room talking about what they'd where tomorrow at hogsmeed.

"so why'd you say yes?" Lily asked April

"yeah finally fallen for the guy?" Alice giggled

"no, I thought I'd be a repulsive date so he can move on" April lied convincingly.

"Oh. maybe I should do that with potter" Lily said thoughtfully.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

April wore a pair of black leggings, a tank top, a purple oversized jacket and some grey ugg boots. she put on no make up and hung her necklace over the front.

dressing like this was the only way to stop the girls questions and even if she may have started to feel something for Sirius. but she didn't see a future with him, she'd love too but she just couldn't.

she walked down the steps of the Hogwarts entrance to see the maurdaers and the maurettes huddled in their separate groups. the girls shot her outfit amused looks, as did the boys. all except Sirius.

Sirius stared at the girl in a dreamy trance. the boys stifled laughter at the boy who was almost drooling over her as she approached him.

"are you ready? hello anyone in there?" April called knocking on his head. "aquamente" the could water struck him in the face but didn't do anything so she decided to braid his hair.

"don't touch the hair" Sirius snapped braking the trance.

"God your more of a girl than me. come on then" she said walking off with him almost worshipping the ground she walked on while the others laughed.

------------

they sat near the lake and looked at the stars. Sirius looked over at April ecstatic about her not being repulsed. she looked his way too. he couldn't help it, he lent in and kissed her.

she kissed back.

"April. wouldyoubemygirlfriend"

"English please?" she chuckled

"would you be my girl friend?"

"yes"

they were a couple