Chapter 53: Before Judgement Part Two

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N): "Wow, would you look at you, a body and everything! . . . I miss ya Paps, I really do. To think you are . . . were real."

Papyrus: "Yes, but fear not, the Great Papyrus will never leave you! Despite my lack of a body, I will always wait need me, then I will come and be there for you, everytime!" His smile was much brighter than mine. Tears streamed down my face. "N-no, don't cry! We will always be together. Even if you don't remember or don't see me, I'm there."

He pleaded for me not to cry, but I couldn't. He was there for me in the end and I will always forget about him unless I need him. He comes up to me and grabs my hands with gentle, caring hands.

(Y/N): "Paps?"

Papyrus: "Do not worry, Sans! It's going tibia okay!" I felt warmth. The tears went from sadness to joy. It was exactly like the first time I met him ten years ago.

(Y/N): "Yes! Yes it is! Thank you, paps! You are so cool." We laughed and smiled. It was wonderful.

Papyrus: "I will always be there! Just you count on me!" His cheerfulness was contagious, I let it bring me back up and I nod in response. I turn to the man who speaks in hands.

(Y/N): "Well, you were talking about Chara. What happened after?"

Gaster: "I did, didn't I? As I said, you two had a good run for a few years. You were known as the last greatest Huntsman in the world, killing Salem and her minions, saving the world, they even made a monument of you. You were the greatest thing to happen to the world and they idolized you. A week later, with what money you gained as a reward, you bought a ring and were about to present to your beloved, frisk. That was when you couldn't find her, later you received news that she was sick with an unknown disease. Incurable and most likely fatal. I don't remember if you asked her in marriage, honestly, that doesn't matter right now. Because in the end, she died peacefully. She was asleep when the monitor went blank."

"The funeral was crowded with half of Vale, how could they not mourn with their hero? The one who saved them all only to have their beloved dead in months

"The funeral was crowded with half of Vale, how could they not mourn with their hero? The one who saved them all only to have their beloved dead in months." Papyrus put a hand on my shoulder and I took a deep breath.

(Y/N): "Okay . . . so what happened after?"

Gaster: "The first reset. I remember it clearly, the shock settles into me when I saw you in the middle of the town as a baby. You and Papyrus were crying, my mind didn't even register it all. I decided to go with it with much head-scratching involved. I paid careful attention to everything, nothing was different until you met Frisk again, she recognized you. Clear as day on her face. The look made by her made you weary. She begged and pleaded for you to remember her, but understandably you had no interest in someone you first met who practically talked to you like some crazed long lost lover. This crushed her, she took a leap off the first ledge. The second reset had me thinking, I have made the connection of course but didn't want to assume. Same thing was going on, but this time she made a cautious effort to get to you. You were, in fact, her life and she wanted you. Frisk used her knowledge to lure you into her life again, and you did. You nicknamed her Chara, cause she was quite the character. She then stuck with the name happily. This is where an incident resulting in death occurred, and where she found out her ability. She goes back in time and figures that if she can kill the people before they kill you, you two could live happily ever after. She succeeded, much to her guilt, she resets and the same thing happens, you die and she kills the family the next time. This time, she figured why not kill everyone who would hurt or try to harm you. Then she developed a taste for it. I tried to protect you and your brother but by the time I brought Papyrus here, she resets. That's when it happened. Many timelines later, she found that out of all the people she has fought, you were always the best, personally and physically. Now, she obsesses over you being the final kill that is dessert. Now here we are today. She wants to kill you only because this is her only way to Express her admiration and love for you. I wish to stop that." That was a lot to take in, I hope that this isn't being turned into a book cause that was a lot. "Do you understand?"

(Y/N): ". . . I guess, I hated her before, now I pity her. She has been through a lot of pain and now her own mind is a mess."

Gaster: "And what do you plan on doing?"

(Y/N): "Eh, I'll figure it out as I go along. I just can't let her kill me. No reset, no worry!" He smiles at me and a portal opens. "Hey, why don't you ever kill her?"

Gaster: "If I die out there I do not know how anyone could stop her, I am the only one besides her who is not affected by the resets. If I bring her here and I die, if she somehow figures out how to use this world she could go into any universe she wants and cause chaos. That is why you have to, I am sorry, (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "It's cool Dadster! I got this!"

Father: "Hmph . . . I know you do. Good luck."