Chapter 14: Reckoning

(Y/N) POV

It was morning, announcements and notifications went out telling everyone . . .

Attention students of Beacon,
A new student has joined our school yesterday. Today, they will be showing off their skills and abilities in the Emerald forest. The event will be broadcasting in the auditorium or your own personal scroll via secured channel. All classes are canceled in honor of the event. If you wish to view the event on your own personal scroll, the requirements that you need are . . .

After that, I just stopped listening. I made my way to my destination. As I was walking I listened in on the excited students.

Female Student 1: "I wonder who it is. I hope that it's a boy!"

Female Student 2: "Doesn't the Emerald forest have a dragon in it?"

Female Student 1: "I'm sure they got rid of that thing weeks ago."

Male Student: "And if they haven't, that new kid is in for a rude awakening."

LOL, they have no idea. As I turned on a corner I was alone with whom I assume is Weiss and Blake, and boy they sure don't look happy.

(Y/N): "Hola, ladies."

Weiss: "Don't 'hola, ladies' me! You have some explaining to do!"

Blake: "Yeah, for instance why do you hate-"

(Y/N): "Now, I did say I don't hate them."

Blake: "*sigh* Then what do you have against them?!"

They both looked at me expectantly. I could tell them, but from what I understand they are good friends.

(Y/N): "Look, I won't tell ya." I put my hand up to stop them from saying anything. "If I were to tell you both what my problem is, would you be friends with them? Would you look at them the same way ever again?" They contemplate on what I said. "I would rather have you both despise me for the rest of your life rather than divide a good team."

They both look apologetic, seems they understand that my beef with Ruby and Yang is very serious and could possibly ruin their relationship with eachother.

Weiss: "Will you ever tell us?"

I start to walk away, with my back to them I say.

(Y/N): "Perhaps one day. But for now . . ."

I turned around and posed.

(Ignore the glasses)

(Y/N): "Wish me luck!"

They both looked at me with a serious red tint on their faces. I then walked away.

Weiss & Blake POV

He was doing a goofy but very adorable pose in front of us. I couldn't but blush, it was too cute. As he walked away, I whispered.