Chapter 26: A fairy tale

Velvet POV

I was in his arms, it was like a fantasy story. The Prince saved me from a terrible adversary, too bad I'm no princess.

Velvet: "Y-you can let me d-down if y-you want."

Not that I wanted to, it's just that he did a lot for me already.

(Y/N): "Nope, I'm going to make the rest of you day a good one!"

Now I am excited! Oh, I wish I brought my camera, too bad it was damaged from Coco's coffee. We entered the cafeteria. There is usually two or three people working at night for Huntsman who get back around this time. We went up to the display case for deserts.

(Y/N): "Pick whatever and how many you'd like. Don't worry about me wallet, got enough lien here to crush a deathstalker!"

I nod, I wasn't necessarily hungry, just craving for something sweet and smooth. I pick up a cheap chocolate mousse cake, but he grabbed it and put it back.

(Y/N): "Oh no no no, the princess should have the highest quality cake!" I turned red, did he just call me princess?

Without putting me down, he pulls out a . . . OH MY OUM, that cake is over a thousand lien! (Author: I'm going with 1 lien = 1 usd) He can't, that's too much. Then he pulled out a . . . NOO, he pulled out a red velvet cake with the same price! I felt something in my chest throb and my face burn up, he surely doesn't mean me, does he!? We went over to the cashier to checkout our cakes, the total was more than my monthly allowance. He then carries me to a table all by itself. He uses his telekinesis to gently put me on the other side of him. He places my cake in front of me.

Velvet: "Are you sure I can have this?"

He ponders for a bit.

(Y/N): "Yeah, you know what, I think I will take that back."

Velvet: "I-I u-understand."

I felt like I was going to cry, he was just like-.

(Y/N): "I-I'm sorry, heh, I didn't think that you would take me seriously. Go ahead and eat, it's your day after all!"

He pushes a fork to me, I was happy to know that he was joking. I took a bite of my cake and I felt a burst of ecstasy in my mouth. I saw him get up, but right now I am enjoying the smooth and sweet cake. After a minute he sits back down looking at me with a smile.

(Y/N): "Enjoyed yourself huh?"

Enjoyed? I looked at my plate to see the cake gone. My ears wilted with sadness. I mean, I can't complain, I got a free cake and I am grateful, it's just so sad. Suddenly, I see another cake just like the one I ate, I start to drool, then I remembered something.

Velvet: "Y-You didn't have to."

(Y/N): "Your face says different." I blushed like an idiot. "Happy birthday , princess."

I looked at him funny.

Velvet: "How did you know it was my birthday?"

He looked at me with a stunned expression, he also blushed for the first time.

(Y/N): "Wait seriously?!" We just sat there for a minute staring at each other. "I'll be back enjoy your cake."

He says really fast. He then disappears in a blink of an eye, I see him talking to one of the staff and they talked for a bit until he thanks them and disappears again, this time out of sight. I would usually be creeped out, but he had a charm to him that made me happy that he said happy birthday. Regardless of it being an accident or not. I happily eat my cake and wait for him to come back.