Chapter 24: Questions with no answers

(Y/N) POV

I see a familiar figure.

(Y/N): "Sup, hot stuff? Ready for another on fire ass-kicking?"

I see Cinder walk up to a chair and pulled it up next to me.

Cinder: "Oh come now, you are going to tell me that after that 'touching' moment between you and Raven you want a fight, I know I don't."

Weird, usually people would want revenge after losing a fight, I knew she didn't care about Marduk but she seemed like someone who held her head high. I had stealthily made a Gaster Blaster outside of the tent away from everyone. If things go down, I will be ready. Raven, though tired, woke up.

Raven: "Mmm . . .  Hello Cinder."

Cinder: "Hello Raven."

Raven: "I thought I told you to never come back here unless it has something to do with our agreement."

Cinder: "Yes, but I was tired of waiting for (Y/N) to leave, so I came here."

(Y/N): "So whatcha need?"

If she isn't here for a fight, then there is no reason for us to not be friendly. I offered a smile.

(Y/N): "Hell, if not here for business then let's have a chat!"

She was obviously not expecting this. One week ago I was slaughtering her people, a minute ago I was threatening to kill her, and now I want to talk. It's funny how things work.

Cinder: "I mean . . . I would like that but I am here strictly on business."

(Y/N): "Do you have a dead line?"

Cinder: "No-"

(Y/N): "Then let's talk now, business later!"

(Author: So I looked up Cinder Fall and can't find any history behind her. So if it comes down to it, I'm making it up.)

Me and Cinder had a pretty good chat. It turns out that we weren't different. I mean, we both want power for different reasons but dammnit we want it. She wants to be feared like I was as well as strong. Her reasons aren't so far from mine, though. I wanted power so I didn't have to be afraid, she wants it to control. But the one thing I caught as she was telling her story was that she originally wanted it so that nobody could walk on her, until she met Salem. After mentioning her, she suddenly became serious.

Cinder: "Look, (Y/N), it was great to talk to someone who gets it, to obtain power one must push past the limits of morals. But . . . I didn't come here for pleasantries, I have questions."

(Y/N): ". . . Okay, I won't keep ya."

Cinder: "Thank you, a few weeks ago, we found these symbols. There is nothing connecting this to you except for the discovery of a statue of one of your Gaster Blasters in the area."