49. monogamy

double update, please support.🌹💌

Wonyoung and Renjun approach the boy as soon as Jaehyun leaves, waving at the shocked boy and saying he has to return back to the university. This seems weird since he could stay and spend the night with his family but Jaemin realises he doesn't want to.

"Jaemin, you just broke my poor heart, what the hell, this song is so sad", Renjun clutches his chest and whines.

"Oppa, I loved it! You should major in piano although your dancing skills are amazing as well", Wonyoung claps and jumps up squealing.

But Jaemin doesn't listen to them, the same sentence repeating in his head again and again, Jaehyun's words. What does it mean, he should stay and wait? Wait for what?

Some students are asked to make speeches and most of them are filled with pathos and insincere, these teacher's favorites and social butterflies always trying to be on spot.

During one of these speeches Jaemin turns to the side and discovers that Jeno's parents keep poking the boy to give a speech as well but he keeps refusing. His father insists on that and he gives in, taking a deep breath and approaching the microphone. He starts mumbling incoherently, adjusting the mic and once he does he pauses, confused what to say.

"Ugh.. Congratulations guys, I hope all of you find your ways and never fail to achieve your dreams. I'm-, I'm not good at speeches I'm-", he loosens his tie and gulps nervously unable to look up from the ground.

"We all should study well and-", the flustered boy finally looks up and gets even more nervous seeing everyone's expressions, as if he looked ridiculous and they were about to laugh. His eyes travel through the crowd until he catches a glimpse of Jaemin's face. The younger smiles at him and makes 'fighting' with his fist and Jeno smiles sadly gazing at him for a while. Then he looks at his father who seems irritated by his son's lack of confidence, frowning and shaking his head.

He keeps stuttering, trying to make up a decent sentence but then he freezes emitting a noisy breath. Jeno's eyes travel through the crowd again but he looks distant, somewhere far away. Jaemin frowns worriedly clicking his fingers.

It's when the boy finally directs his eyes to his father and speaks up in confident demeanor.

"Dad, you wanted a speech? Fine, you'll get it. I wanted to make this speech for you long ago and you asked for it yourself", everyone gasps in shock at the boy's rude tone and Jaemin's heart starts bouncing in his chest like crazy as he anticipates for the older to continue.

"Society is ugly. Seriously we all pretend to be kind and accepting", he turns to those active guys mockingly smiling, "But in reality we are not. I'm very antisocial, and you ask me why? Because I'm an arrogant, spoiled, rich kid? Maybe I am but I couldn't give two shits about your opinions. I don't want to be your friend because y'all are obsessed with yourselves, trying to be perfect and make someone important outta yourself. Y'all keep saying 'We support gays, we support ecology, we support this and that', but deep inside y'all think otherwise. You say this because you want to be cool and trendy, it's trendy to support lgbt so let's get it! Well I don't need your support, I don't need your shitty sympathy as if I were mentally ill", Jeno smiles at his father victoriously.

"Because wow I'm gay can you believe that? I mean, not really gay but I had my first kiss and sex, oops, with a guy", he laughs and turns to shocked Jaemin and shakes his head and his eyes glisten from gathering tears.

"And damn was it amazing? Everytime we kissed my insides turned upside down, every little touch of his warm hands and his gorgeous precious smile.."

He looks down and sobs trying hard not to break down,
"Jaemin, no one deserves your smile, don't waste it on those who don't appreciate you. I'm so sorry I've been so stupid and hurt you all these times. But I swear to god, everytime I hurt you I hurt myself twice more, dying inside from guilt"

He faces Jaemin who smiles widely sobbing as well,
"Yes, you were right. I loved you first. Whatever you say, you're always right. My clever baby. I loved you all my life, ever since we were kids. You loved back and never hid it as I did. You loved me all this time but supported whatever I did, even when I did terrible shit like dating Yuqi and Minjoo, being madly in love with you. You supported me while gathering the pieces of your broken heart, and you knew that I knew. We just feel each other, we are one soul in two bodies"

He falls silent for a while and the room remains deadly quiet, only noisy breathings of excited and thrilled people being heard. Renjun and Minjoo look at each other the former smiling happily and the latter staring at him paralyzed from astonishment.

"Ohgod, I love these guys, correction gays, they're adorable", he mutters to her shamelessly and the girl gasps, blinking rapidly.

Wonyoung scratches her cheek wide-eyed and gaping, as if trying to solve some mathematical problem.

"Jaemin..oppa, is it why he said he doesn't date girls..? He kissed me anyways.."

Jeno and Jaemin look into each other's eyes from distance for a moment, then the older paces to him and cups the crying boy's face to kiss his trembling lips with all tenderness, passion and care he has. They break apart after some moment and Jaemin looks down still sobbing and trembling as Jeno plants kisses all over his face and presses a firm one on his burning forehead.

Everyone starts cheering and squealing at them, some of them even crying, especially Haechan, clinging on Mark. Both Jaemin and Jeno's parents look at each other awkwardly, turning red from shame. Mr Lee fixes his glasses on his nose nervously and instantly leaves the room despite his wife's attempt to stop him. Mr Na just smiles, hugging his wife and turns to Mrs Lee cheerfully shaking his head,

"It's a bit strange to see my son like this but I knew he's different. I'm happy he's happy, what's more important than your child's happiness?"

Jaemin buries his head into the older's chest and hold onto him for dear life, feeling shy and intimidated all of a sudden as if trying to be protected by his lover.

"Look at me, Jaemin", Jeno lifts the younger's face and he complies,
"I love you. I love me when I'm with you. I love us"

"You know this already but.. I love you too, idiot"

He clutches the older's neck and kisses him hard, as if they were alone in the room filled with hundreds of gaping students and their twice more shocked parents and teachers.

cheers?