11. the moon

yeseu, I'm already back again. who's reading and not voting, you're a poop. (yes, you are). and Jeno is nothing but dom!, it's sick to me when people think he aint. (bitch fite me). OK, I'm really crossed rn. anyways, ENJOY the chapter.

Jeno is nervously wandering around the room, taking different clothes out of his wardrobe and approaching the mirror to see whether they are appropriate to wear on a date. Jaemin is just sitting on the bed watching the boy and commenting on the outfits.

"Why are you trying to make a bad boy out of yourself, when you aint?", the younger mutters eyeing his friend from head to toe as the latter poses as if he was some gangster in a black leather jacket.

"What's the purpose of being fake now, if you're intending to date her later on?"

"Ugh..then show me how to behave and what to wear, smartass", Jeno crosses his arms looking at his friend through the mirror.

"Just be yourself. I already told you. Do the shit which is your routine", the honey-haired pauses for a moment, then adds, "But I can't guarantee she doesn't slap your face, seeing what kind of moron you are.."

"I swear to god, Jaemin-", the older takes off his jacket and throws it at the smiling boy.

"Just kiddin', well, wear something cool, simple t-shirt and jeans", Jaemin tosses the boy a white tee and levi's jeans.

Jeno quickly changes into them and fixes his hair.

"Oh, one more detail", Jaemin opens his friend's bedside drawer and takes his round-shaped glasses out.

"No way. I'm wearing lens, I don't think she's into harry potter ", scoffs Jeno.

"You look awesome with glasses, silly", the younger accurately fixes the glasses on his friend's face, "See, such a boyfriend material".

"I look like a nerd", Jeno pouts and prepares to take his glasses off, but Jaemin clutches his hand.

"You can't look like a nerd, you are anything but nerd, come on", he frowns irritated by Jeno's stubbornness.

"What the hell? Are you hinting that I'm stupid?", Jeno pushes the younger in the shoulder slightly.

Jaemin rolls his eyes turning away, "Whatever".

Jeno stops him, grabbing his hand, "Sorry, I'm just freaking out so much". Jaemin looks at his pathetic face with empathy and smiles.

"Trust me, it's gonna be lit. If she doesn't appreciate you, then idk what kind of hoe she is"

-///////-

It feels weird after Jeno leaves the house waving at his friend clumsily. Jaemin stares at his spine as the boy walks away, strange feeling settling inside of him. He does all the homework, practices and prepares pancakes for himself and Jeno but the latter doesn't show up.

The honey-haired falls asleep on the sofa while watching "Rick&Morty". After god knows how much time he feels shaky and warm hands on his spine and legs. Jaemin slowly opens his eyes and meets the older's caring gaze as he carries the boy on his hands. Jeno lays him on the bed and covers the boy with blanket. He then touches the younger's cheek slightly.

"You're cold. Why didn't you cover yourself before falling asleep", Jaemin rubs his cheek on the boy's warm hand, eyes closed.

"How was your date?", the younger slowly opens his sleepy eyes seeing his friend in blur for a while.

"Pretty cool. We went to the café near our school and drank hot chocolate with pizza. Afterwards we watched a romantic movie, then I walked her home, that's all", Jeno shrugs.

"And..How about kiss kiss bang bang?", Jaemin wiggles his eyebrows laughing.

Jeno hits him lightly, "Oh god, she's not a whore to fuck on the first date. We didn't kiss, but were holding hands while walking. She just pecked my cheek and left".

"Hm, so you're dating her now?", Jaemin tries to sound casual but probably fails.

"I guess I am", Jeno says while playing with the boy's fingers. Jaemin's heart makes a flip for some reason since the older sounds as if he was guilty.

"Aawwee, my babyboy finally got a girlfriend", the honey-haired claps his hands smiling widely.

Jeno smiles at him, kisses his forehead tenderly and goes into the bathroom.

Jaemin's smile slowly fades as his eyes follow the older's trail. He turns towards the window, thoughtfully gazing at the moon. He feels lonely all of a sudden, as if left all by himself.

"The moon is always lonely and cold. So am I right now but why? I hate feeling lonely and cold more than anything".

The boy lies down and disappears under the blanket, as if hiding from the outer world.

ohkay, sorry but I warned it's going to be angsty. deal with it, I'm a betch. commentand upvote, yes you, over there, munching food and staring at the screen.