35. friendship

i'm so busy, probably won't be updating much. don't give up me, please. love y'all.

Jaemin wakes up to twenty missed calls and messages from three people, all of whom happen to be his boyfriends in different ways, one of them fake, the second literally, the other being the love of his life.

Lonjinni: ANSWER THE PHONE, YOU HOE

Disney-guy: Good morning to the prettiest baby in universe ^3^

Baby-koala: Jaemin, lets meet after school

He bites his knuckles and sighs, "Whom should I call first? Jeno, Hendery and Renjun. Renjun can wait"

He dials Jeno's number and his breathing gets faster,

"Jaemin-ah, how are you?"

The older's voice is full of guilt as always, which makes Jaemin sad.

"Heeey, I'm gucci. How about you?", he tries his best to sound happy.

"I'm.. fine, I guess. Do you wanna meet up?"

Jaemin gets surprised that it's the first time they both don't know what to say to each other, other than lame greetings.

"Sure, meet you after school.. so um.. byebyee"

He hangs up and dials Hendery, his mind still around Jeno.

"Finally you called back, my little sunshine. How was your beauty sleep? Did you see me in your dreams, gorgeous baby?"

Jaemin blushes upon these words but feels more uneasy than pleased,

"Well.. I guess as usual.. How about you, um.. I wanna give you some pet name as well but honestly I'm extremely shy for some reason"

He cringes and resists inner urge to screech.

The boy on the other line chuckles in that "I'm so charming and I'm fully aware of it" way.

"How about prince-charming? You said I look like a love interest of Disney movie princesses"

Jaemin scrunches and scratches his nose, regretting that compliment he made on their date,

"Oookay? P-prince-char..ming"

At this point he'd be glad if there was an old table near him, that someone was going to throw away anyways. He would flip it ten times.

"Ah, so adorable. No surprise, since you're my sweet cupcake"

Jaemin emits a fake laugh meanwhile his internal screams triple.

"OML, that overly cheesy shit is not my cup of tea"

That same sentence echoes through his mind over and over again. If it was Jeno he would just kick his ass, push him away or make fun of him. He can't be sure though, since he's in love with the boy and willingly accepted when he whipped him in a maid's dress.

"Bub, come over after school, I gave you my address, k? I have a surprise for you"

Jaemin can be delusional but he thinks that the older's tone turned a bit seductive. His eyes widen as he tries to regain his composure.

-////////-

"Renjun, I have so many questions, be sure to answer them all or ISTG-"

The younger puts his cup of coffee with a loud thud in front of his friend during a break.

"Hi, bitch why didn't you call me back?"

The boy raises his eyebrows seeing Jaemin nervously biting his lips, his hands turned into fists.

"Okay, I'll skip all the questions except only one. Why the hell didn't you tell me that he's the cheesiest vagina on the planet?"

Renjun chokes on his tea and bursts out laughing, clutching his stomach. He keeps cackling and hitting the table, until tears start to roll down his cheeks from laughter.

Jaemin sits with crossed arms and stares at the boy angrily. Then he pulls at the boy's ear hard, causing him to whimper from pain.

"Oh what the fuck? You, sadistic bitchass. Why do you keep physically hurting me?", he rubs his red ear soothingly and sobs, looking offended.

"I hooked you up with a hot guy, that's how you say thanks?"

Jaemin points a finger at the boy, "That guy is a puddle of cringey fluffy shit. Why the heck you didn't tell me?"

Renjun smiles sarcastically, shaking his head in amazement,

"Unbelievable! You don't want someone cheesy, so cringey my ass. I got you. You're a sadomasochistic psycho, who wants to be treated like shite. That explains your relationship with Jeno dude tho"

Jaemin loses his composure his finger lowering a bit,

"I'm-, no, you're wrong. Jeno is sweet as well, but on a perfectly normal level. That guy-, he keeps giving me pet names, and we've known each other for only one day"

Renjun rests his chin on his fist, looking like he's going to burst out laughing again.

"Well, it's none of my business. You wanted a bae, you got him. I don't know what to advice at this point"

Jaemin shakes his head and the older just shrugs.

-///////-

Jeno has been stealing glances at the younger through the day, which made the boy curious and excited about their upcoming talk. Jaemin kept rubbing his sweaty palms together until the end of the last lesson. It's when the older approached him and they kept talking about unimportant stuff until they reached a hidden bench at the school backyard and took a seat.

"Jaemin.. Were you offended by dad's words that day? I'm really sorry..", he takes the boy's hand into both of his, facing him.

The younger just rubs the top of his nose, smiling, "Nah, everyone has their opinion. I suppose he has reasons behind his words"

Jeno averts his gaze to the side, 

"It's just.. My brother always disappoints him. I don't blame him though. He wants to be free and live as he wants. Dad gave up on him many years ago and gives all his love to me. He's never said no to me, supporting me and encouraging. He even said I can be a dancer or rapper but I must take up his business after him. And Minjoo.. Our dads are partners in business. That's why he keeps mentioning her"

Jaemin smiles with empathy and rubs the boy's hand soothingly,

"Hey.. It's okay. Your dad wants the best for you. Minjoo is a good girl, I guess. I wish you the best as well. You deserve it"

Jeno looks down at their hands sadly, "There's no one better than you in this world. No one"

Jaemin lifts his chin up with his hand and looks into the boy's eyes,

"I'm not perfect, babyboy. No one is"

Jeno kisses his forehead gently and hugs him tight.

"No you are. You are. Please, don't leave me, no matter what. Our friendship is superior to everything"

The younger smiles sadly with thoughtful eyes ,

"Yes, best friends forever"

Okay, thanks for votes and comments. Give a check to other books as well. Chu.