24. the waltz

ugh.. my ultimate otp. i love them so freakin much.

When Jaemin wakes up Jinhyun is gone and it's already night. He gets up and walks down the stairs smelling delicious food. He discovers that the older prepared homemade burgers and is eating by himself.

"Oh you made them on your own?", he dashes to the table and takes a bite, closing his eyes in bliss.

"Dear lord, that's what I live for"

Jeno laughs sipping his tea,
"You taught me well last time"

He remembers what happened after Jaemin taught him how to prepare burgers and slightly chokes on his tea.
The younger immediately notices that, blushing as well.

"Where's that satan's creature?", he giggles trying to sound casual.

"His parents were on a date, they returned and took him back about an hour ago. How's your eye.. I'm really sorry btw"

Jaemin shifts his eye to his eyepatch and smiles,
"I don't look that pretty anymore, I guess. But it's ok, the doctor said it's just for a week"

Jeno rolls his eyes and takes a huge bite of his burger,
"I hate his guts, that bastard always tests my tolerance level. I don't wanna have kids, they're devils in disguise"

"I barely made out what you just said, ew, don't speak with stuffed mouth", Jaemin carefully wipes the older's greasy mouth with a napkin.

"But why, I wanna have kids, I love children in general"

Jeno emits a laugh, drinking his tea.

"What?", the younger raises an eyebrow.

"But you are gay. How are you gonna have kids?", the boy brings his hand to his mouth giggling.

Jaemin gives him a deadly glare, connecting his hands in front of his face, elbows on the table.

"Seriously? No, seriously!? You bitch, are saying that gay people can't have kids? Where's your goddamn brain?"
The older looks at the ceiling with confused face and remains in this state.

"Jeno, you're stupid and I hate your guts"

The boy stands up and plops on the sofa turning on the TV. He feels irritated and can't help frowning.

Jeno sits by his side cautiously peeking at the boy,
"I'm sorry, okay? I suck at humor and you're right.. I hate myself too"

Jaemin's expression softens as he looks at his friend,
"Don't make such jokes, I'm a sensitive person, even though I may not seem so. I don't hate you of course, but why tf you hate yourself?"

The older looks down and puts his hand on the boys lap,
"I don't know. I think I'm ugly and awkward with people.. I'm really introverted and antisocial to be honest"

The honey-haired boy looks at him with empathy and nudges the older's cheek with his thumb.

"Hey, you look absolutely stunning and people mostly suck, okay? You don't need many friends, one is more than enough. And Tf, Who said you are ugly, show me who's that stupid hoe"

Jeno takes his hand into his and plays with the boy's fingers out of habit.

"Noone, i'm just overthinking these days.. Hey, Jaemin, I wanna hug you"

The boy gets confused blinking rapidly but stretches his hands towards Jeno,
"Then gimme a hug, my dude"

The older embraces him tight and doesn't let go for some time. Jaemin clumsily tries to get out of his grip.
"Now now, baby koala. You are so clingy"

Jeno faces him and stutters,

"Hey I wanna ask you for one more thing"

Jaemin observes the boy's face, it has been pretty a while since they were that close, their faces just separated by an inch.

"Hmm? What's that..", he looks at the boy's lips and into his eyes.

"Can you.. Can you practise with me that dance?"

Jaemin's eyes widen as he backs off.

"You wanna waltz with me? Hell no!"

-///////-

"Istg, I'm so done with your guts, Jeno"

Jaemin stretches in front of the mirror preparing to dance with his friend.

"I relate. I'm done with myself too"

The older explains all the moves to Jaemin, since Yuqi added lots of new ones in this version. The boy just nods and puffs out his cheeks.

"I feel extra awkward at this point"

Jeno ignores his words and walks to the opposite side of the room. The music starts to play and they both do some ballet moves separately, slowly getting close to each other.

Their spines hit and at that signal Jeno turns around and slowly grabs the younger's waist and puts his hand on his.

They keep circling and Jaemin furiously blushes, since it's the first time he ever danced to waltz since primary school. Being at a girl's position feels even more awkward.

"Now the dramatic part", Jeno lets go of him and they both go separate and circle alone emotionally waving their hands.

They run towards each other and stop when there are few inches left. Jeno points a finger to the ceiling as if showing him the stars. Jaemin gently raises his hands up as if reaching for the stars and Jeno lifts the boy up.

They circle several times the younger slowly sliding down until they stop and he's face to face with Jeno.

They stare at each other's eyes for a while.

"Here comes the kiss", he sadly mutters clutching the back of the boy's neck with trembling hands.
He feels the older's hands trembling and clutching his spine as well.

"Yeah.."

Next thing Jaemin remembers are these deep and caring eyes looking at him the last time before they passionately connect their lips in a sweet kiss.

(': idk what to say. okay. please, go check out my new nomin books named "professionals" and "stained". i'm desperate for attention.